What is your go-to no-cal drink?

Options
davemunger
davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
I've decided to go off of diet soda due to some evidence that it doesn't help the weight loss process.

Now I'm looking for alternatives. What unsweetened beverages with low / no calories do you like?

Replies

• JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    .....Diet Coke......

Crystal Light is okay, and I like the Propel drinks.
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Obviously water is number one. I drink that constantly.

Flavor wise, i just got some BCAAs and i slip some of that into my water at work to aid in recovery...its blue raspberry

I like to squeeze lemon into my water too.

I'm not much help here...
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I really like the Minute Maid flavor drops in the Raspberry Lemonade flavor. It's not zero calorie though. It's 5 calories per serving (for me, that's negligible) due to a small amount of fruit juice and sugar it contains. I've tried a lot of those liquid concentrate flavor things, and this one was the best tasting IMO. It's a little pricey though.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero
    Water + Mio
    Plain water
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Water
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Water.
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Water
    And while it's not zero calorie, it's close enough: black coffee.
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Water.
  • RWTBR
    RWTBR Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sprite Zero! I love it. I don't drink, so I even get it when I am out at bars. Everyone thinks I have a vodka drink!

Oh, and the edit: I have seen some of that research, and I believe it is not valid. There is only ONE way to hinder your weight loss: To not achieve a caloric deficit. As long as you are hitting your calorie goals, you WILL lose weight and it does not matter one bit what exactly you're consuming. Diet soda will NOT cause you to exceed your calorie goal. So, go ahead and enjoy some diet soda!
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Black coffee.
  • Jlmervin03
    Jlmervin03 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Water and club soda with lemon and lime.
  • ali59oc
    ali59oc Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Water. Lots of it.
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    water
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    water or crystal lite.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Cheap flavored water from either walmart or the dollar store. I was using crystal lite but it gives me some stomach issues.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Black coffee and/or brewed iced tea.
  • meluhneekay
    Options
    Water. For me, it was an acquired taste. Which sounds silly, considering it doesn't really taste like anything. But I started just drinking it during my workouts, and found that after a couple of weeks, I was actually favoring it over my previously loved herbal teas and diet soda. I still have the occasional diet soda or cup of tea, but it's rare. Most days I just drink my morning coffee and water.

But if water isn't your dig, I do suggest tea. The kind you brew yourself, not bottled. So many flavors to choose from!
  • Julrujo
    Julrujo Posts: 3
    Options
    Besides water or black coffee, if I want something different I will grab a LaCroix, flavored sparkling water. They give you the bubbles that you are missing from cokes.
  • MRuwe
    MRuwe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Water + a squeeze of Real Lemon + a few drops of liquid Stevia (the real stuff that has only water and Stevia extract)

This has no calories and a lot of flavor.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Water of course, but also iced green tea