Who eats just egg whites and why do you do that?

Options
They taste of nowt ........ the yummy, good for you, tasty bit is the yoke.

Replies

• kvansanity
    kvansanity Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    When I want an omelette but need to be low on calories. I actually really like them and they're very versatile!
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Removing the yolk is just blasphemy, I refuse to, my very soul is at stake.

Rigger
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    the only time ive ate just the egg white was when my mom bought a carton of egg whites because it was cheap.

they were alright for omlettes, whole eggs taste better for sure though
  • silv1492
    silv1492 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use egg whites all the time.. omelettes mix loads of vegetables and crumbled bacon . very good., also use it with baking in place of eggs low cals
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    They taste of nowt ........ the yummy, good for you, tasty bit is the yoke.

Taste is nothing but personal preference.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I use egg whites from a carton...to bulk up my scrambled whole eggs for more volume and protein without the calorie hit...but that's it...the nutrition is in the yolk.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Eating only the whites of eggs makes the baby Jesus cry.
  • NorthernCardinal
    NorthernCardinal Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My sister goes on crazy crash diets and uses egg whites to scramble with one egg. I think it makes her feel like shes eating more then she actually is. Mostly,people use egg whits for omlettes or baking though, they really bind ingredients well, though personally I wouldn't eat them alone.
  • asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't love the yolks so I do 1 full egg with 2 egg whites for scrambled or an omelet. If I am having a fried egg, I make sure to break the yolk and cook it thoroughly.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    They make scrambled eggs lighter and fluffier than just whole egg. I use 1 whole egg plus a half cup of egg white and a splash of milk and they come out with a nicer softer texture IMO.
  • meluhneekay
    Options
    Once upon a time, I ate egg whites only to cut down on the calories. But that was a sad, sad time. Whole eggs 4evs.

Also, apparently it's a thing to add pasteurized egg whites to smoothies as an extra protein boost. I feel like the consistency would be hella weird, though.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I have an omelette almost every night with one egg and 4 egg whites. I get a lot of protein and volume for a smaller amount of calories. Then I can add more cheese!
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Not me! My eggs come from my free range chickens and I savor every bite of it!
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i make egg white veggie omelets with no cheese and use chopped tomatoes over them once cooked and franks hot sauce ..its actually good ..too me anyway
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I tried egg white omlettes- I was glad I had saved the yolks - fried them for my cats- and hadn't taken them off the counter to the cat dish- I put them back in my food.

I can't do egg whites only- just . no.
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Only 2 reasons:
    1. its low cal so if I want to load up on other goodies with my eggs that the easiest way (e.g. cheeeeessseeeee)
    2. if its hard-boiled eggs - I HATE the yolk its all chalky and weird tasting so I only eat the eggwhite
  • TwelfthLady
    TwelfthLady Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    if its hard-boiled eggs - I HATE the yolk its all chalky and weird tasting so I only eat the eggwhite

I'm the same way, I love hard boiled egg whites but cannot stand the yolks.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Removing the yolk is just blasphemy, I refuse to, my very soul is at stake.

Rigger

Good man sir
  • Shropshire1959
    Options
    Eating only the whites of eggs makes the baby Jesus cry.

Bwhaaaaaaaaa
  • Shropshire1959
    Options
    They make scrambled eggs lighter and fluffier than just whole egg. I use 1 whole egg plus a half cup of egg white and a splash of milk and they come out with a nicer softer texture IMO.

Good idea