Has anyone heard of...

kimmberry
kimmberry Posts: 14
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello all!

I was just wondering if anyone has heard of or has put the # of their goal weight everywhere around them reminding them constantly at what you are working towards. I heard this was a great way to stick to your goals and that it really works in a mind way. I was thinking about doing this but just wanted to get some input from anyone who has done this.

Also, do you find that putting up a picture of the perfect body on your bathroom mirror or refrigerator helps?? lol :flowerforyou:

thanks everyone!

**If anyone needs an extra friend, I could sure use one, too!! I'm just starting up on here again.

Replies

• BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    I actually find that putting fat pictures of myself helps especially putting it on the fridge. Everytime I go to the fridge I look at that and know that I don't ever want to go back to that and it helps me make good food choices. Not that there's really anything bad in my fridge . . .
  • I have post it note things all over my room as well as older pictures... I also have jeans,shirts,skirts,suits,etc. that I refuse to get rid of.. Anything that helps is worth using, keeping, what not.

Good luck!
  • I have not done it yet but I thought about putting a sticky note line down my closet door. So if I have 40 pounds to lose I start it with 40 and go down in a line in increments and everytime I reach one I pull it off... Just a thought. I also have a friend that bought two modern vases and really pretty decorative stones. Every time she lost a pound she put a stone into the other vase. (The original vase held how many pounds she had to lose) this can be your own little secret and add a decorative piece to your home
  • tashajasmine
    tashajasmine Posts: 37 Member
    I had a new years resolution two years ago. It was to drop one pants size in six months. Everyday I wrote "size 12 by June" on my hand. It helped me make better choices throughout the day. Unfortunately, shortly after reaching my goal I got pregnant again and now I am starting all over. I hope this helps!
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    For me, the "fat picture" that shocked me into reality does it for me. I keep it close by ... in the kitchen but tucked into a pretty ceramic picture. I don't show it to many folks, but it motivates me far more than anything else.
This discussion has been closed.