Killing it lifting, but the scale hates me

Options
So I have been lifting for a year, heavy lifting for the last 3 months..I do cardio (Kangoo jumps, Spinning) and am now on the Zone diet..but my scale hates me and keeps showing me numbers that are getting towards a number I cannot stand to see..The dreaded 150. I am strong, dead lift 231 the other day..but since I began lifting weights I went from 132 last year to today I saw 147! I am using Beauty Fit workout supplements, pre and post workouts, diuretics and fat burners. Bottom line is I seem to have hit a weird plateau, and instead of the numbers going down, they are rising...fast. My daily cal intake is currently 1600, spread out over 6 meals a day....I'm looking to get some feedback from any women on here that lift, IFBB ladies etc...

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    deadlift 231...you are my role model~
    :love:
  • albayin
    Options
    I lift but not as heavy as you....for couple of years...I haven't lost any weight but my body composition seems changing slowly...maybe your too? I am no expert so am here all ears...
  • williemcneely
    williemcneely Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not a woman but I can relate. Muscle is heavier than fat so yes if you eat enough protein you will gain weight. So skip the scale and go on measurements.
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    The only thing that matters when wanting to see weight come off is a calorie deficit.

Are you logging correctly? Are you eating at a deficit? Are you measuring yourself? Lost any inches?

Kudos on the lifting, I can manage a 132 deadlift but only just started properly about 6 weeks ago. It's fun! :D

ETA: Before anyone tells her she's gaining muscle, she won't be, not if she's eating at a deficit, it's impossible.
  • mrbyte
    mrbyte Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the scale. You look fantastic.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Stop with the diuretics and fat burners. They will do more damage to your liver and kidneys than good.

Make sure you are logging everything you eat and weighing it. If you don't take measurements you should start. Most likely you are eating more than you think you are. Also, ditch the scale and go by the mirror. Does it matter what you weigh if you look fantastic?
  • ravenmiss
    Options
    Also, ditch the scale and go by the mirror. Does it matter what you weigh if you look fantastic?

Agree with this and above, you look amazing. Why does scale weight bother you?
  • albayin
    Options
    I think I can relate...we are told that scale doesn't matter but if clothes fit miserably it's a bother!
  • ravenmiss
    Options
    I think I can relate...we are told that scale doesn't matter but if clothes fit miserably it's a bother!

Exactly, when I started lifting, I dropped a dress size before hardly losing any weight ;)
  • albayin
    Options

Exactly, when I started lifting, I dropped a dress size before hardly losing any weight ;)

ummm....opposite is true, too...I think OP might experience the opposite which I could relate? I was just guessing...
  • squishycatmew
    squishycatmew Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    If you're doing that much lifting, I'd go more by measurements and how you look, and how your clothes fit, than by the scale. Have you actually gotten bigger? Or just heavier?
  • Mykaelous
    Mykaelous Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    So I have been lifting for a year, heavy lifting for the last 3 months..I do cardio (Kangoo jumps, Spinning) and am now on the Zone diet..but my scale hates me and keeps showing me numbers that are getting towards a number I cannot stand to see..The dreaded 150. I am strong, dead lift 231 the other day..but since I began lifting weights I went from 132 last year to today I saw 147! I am using Beauty Fit workout supplements, pre and post workouts, diuretics and fat burners. Bottom line is I seem to have hit a weird plateau, and instead of the numbers going down, they are rising...fast. My daily cal intake is currently 1600, spread out over 6 meals a day....I'm looking to get some feedback from any women on here that lift, IFBB ladies etc...

Who care's about a number, it's all about how you look. Keep lifting, but perhaps stop eating back the calories burned from cardio. You seem like you just want to cut a little bit of fat so I would suggest getting off anything that has creatine(it helps build muscles but can sometimes make you seem bloated and adds water weight). I wouldn't cut too much because then you will get very vascular and hard edged which can looks good on a woman in moderation, but in excess not so much.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I recently went 6 months and didn't lose a single pound. However, I lost 11 1/2 inches. Keep at it. The scale will catch up eventually.
  • usmcmp
    Options

Who care's about a number, it's all about how you look. Keep lifting, but perhaps stop eating back the calories burned from cardio. You seem like you just want to cut a little bit of fat so I would suggest getting off anything that has creatine(it helps build muscles but can sometimes make you seem bloated and adds water weight). I wouldn't cut too much because then you will get very vascular and hard edged which can looks good on a woman in moderation, but in excess not so much.

Do you understand how much work it would take for her to get that lean? It's not going to happen on accident and she won't suddenly wake up that way. Plus, maybe she works hard to get that lean and likes it? I like having that vascular hard look. Plenty of men like it too. That's fine if you don't, but you don't get to tell her how to look or how not to look.
  • albayin
    Options
    If you're doing that much lifting, I'd go more by measurements and how you look, and how your clothes fit, than by the scale. Have you actually gotten bigger? Or just heavier?

this ^^ you have asked better questions.
  • cvcman
    cvcman Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    humm well muscle is NOT heavier than fat...a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat...BUT,,,muscle is more dense and takes up less space than fat so if you turn fat into muscle you will be thinner....
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    It's not a plateau. If you put on fifteen pounds, you are/were eating at a surplus. That aspect has nothing to do with lifting weights (or protein... pfft).
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    humm well muscle is NOT heavier than fat...a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat...BUT,,,muscle is more dense and takes up less space than fat so if you turn fat into muscle you will be thinner....
    You can't turn fat into muscle!
  • JennaLifts
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies, although I just took down my photo after getting a bunch of men messaging me..Im married..so kinda don't want that I am just here for advice. I do want that vascular IFBB look, like Amanda Latona-ish...Should I cut my calories down more?...It seems like my body would starve and panic mode the fat storage
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies, although I just took down my photo after getting a bunch of men messaging me..Im married..so kinda don't want that I am just here for advice. I do want that vascular IFBB look, like Amanda Latona-ish...Should I cut my calories down more?...It seems like my body would starve and panic mode the fat storage

No. You need to be 100% accurate and actually eat at 1600. Weigh everything.