Which Beachbody program helped you the most?

Options
I have been working out for the past two years with Jillian Michael DVDs and was wondering if there is another program that could offer me more. There is a lot of hype going on about the BeachBody programs, so I did a bit of research. First of all they are really expensive! I became really interested in P90X3 and was wanting to order it, but I just read some reviews and they said that it's not the BEST program out there. Well I was wondering if any of you guys have tried ANY of their programs and how much success did you achieve from it. I have been wanting to get rid of my muffin top lol and was wanting a DVD that focuses on getting rid of that. I know that there is no such thing as spot reduction, but I want to know which one of their programs are more geared towards that problem area! I don;t want to spend too much money on something that isn't really going to help me.
Thanks guys!!

Replies

• Lennydamellon
    Options
    I tried Insanity and it was my wake-up call to "wow I'm waaaay too tired I gotta work on this." It was a lot of cardio and plyo and it really gets your heart rate up. Lots of jumping so beware of your form for your knees.

Chalean Extreme (CLX) was my intro to strength training and I loved it and just went back to it last week to work on building muscle using low reps with heavy weights while other programs are more about muscular endurance with high reps with lighter weights. I would wake up early (which I never do) because my metabolism would be going so much that my body would demand fuel first thing in the morning. The cardio routines that come with it are ok, I'm combining CLX with training for a half marathon so running takes care of my cardio, but you could combine it with Jillian Michael DVDs if you think the chalean cardio tracks are too easy.

Les Mills Pump is the most recent program I got myself for my birthday last year as I heard the lighter weights are it easier on the joints and it's good, I love it, but it does get a bit repetitive, nonetheless it is an excellent workout that gets your heart going and really works the different muscles of the body. The recommended cardio with Les Mills Pump is walking so again, I'd personally recommend changing that up with something else for better results but that's just me.

I would say I had the best success with the latter two but that's probably because I did Insanity at the very beginning of my weight loss journey so there was only so much I could do at the time and I did the other two once I had better conditioning and a better sense of how to balance strength and cardio. The best success I would say came with combining Les Mills Pump with running but that is when I started using mfp and really starting finding that balance of strength, cardio, AND nutrition. So I guess I don't know which BeachBody program is the best because it depends on how you use it as all 3 have strengths and weaknesses but if you choose one you like it is a GREAT investment! :)
  • JewelToned
    JewelToned Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a small..collection. My first experiance was Slim in 6. It's pretty basic but helped me get back into working out when I was really heavy after having a baby. I'm actually sending it home with my mother in law, as it's right up her alley. Very low impact.
    Next..I completed Turbo Fire. This workout changed my life. I finally realized that I LOVE to work out. It's pretty fast paced and you feel ackward at first learning the moves, but once you do it's really easy to lose yourself in it. Great upbeat music! Lots of jumps, but there is a modifier. I lost about 20lbs with this workout and got in the best shape of my life!
    I also have Chalean Extreme and love it. I also use it as an addition to my workouts. The circuits are about 35 minutes long, so I like to add it to T-25.
    I haven't completed T-25, but I have it and have done all of the Alpha workouts. I love it for days when I just don't have a lot of time and need a good workout, but it's just not my favorite. The workouts go by pretty fast though!
    I just got Les Mills Combat and am LOVING IT!! I've see toning results really fast, but felt like I lost weight quicker with turbo fire, but I'm toning so fast with Combat and I've noticed that my legs are so strong and my running has improved a ton. My legs usually get really tired really fast.
    So overall, I really love Turbo Fire and Les Mills Combat. They are my favorite so far and both work your waist A TON! Your bending and crunching and jumping in these workouts. Just make sure that whatever your choose, use proper form and contract your abs. You'll get the most out of it that way. I know BB workouts cost a lot, but most of them do come with basic equipment (bands, eating guides, etc.) and I've never been as motivated doing a gym workout as I have been with one of my favorite workouts. I am going to complete Combat, but most of the time I choose the workout that matches my mood. Something for everyone!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I saw good results with Insanity, but with Les Mills Combat, I felt better mentally and physically. I didn't lose a ton of weight since I'm closing in on my goal, but I saw some amazing changes in my body. My arms and shoulders are more defined, and my legs are stronger. I believe it helped with balance a bit too... toward the end, I wasn't stumbling after a roundhouse kick. :wink:

I"m dong Les Mills Pump right now, and it's enjoyable so far. We'll see!
  • queenierz
    queenierz Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Tried insanity three months before but I was way too worn out so i stopped. Didnt really enjoy t that much. However, currently I am trying Kayla Itsine's workouts and about to try T25, which seems short and less intense and MORE Fun. Also, Sometimes I do LesMill bodypump, and honestly, I love Lesmill pump the most because of the music and how I feel strong when I lift the barbells. However it is also the program that I did it with many other people together, so that added the fun. i am going to try T25 soon!
  • Changingmyfatitude
    Changingmyfatitude Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I saw good results with Insanity, but with Les Mills Combat, I felt better mentally and physically. I didn't lose a ton of weight since I'm closing in on my goal, but I saw some amazing changes in my body. My arms and shoulders are more defined, and my legs are stronger. I believe it helped with balance a bit too... toward the end, I wasn't stumbling after a roundhouse kick. :wink:

I"m dong Les Mills Pump right now, and it's enjoyable so far. We'll see!
    [/quote

I completed Insanity and just started Les Mills combat today, I was a put off by the low calorie burn I got but I am 5,2 and still have to master the moves. I must say I definitely enjoyed it and I am looking forward to completing the program
  • shurleec
    shurleec Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have a few beach body programs, but it all started with turbo kick at my gym. Like another poster said, it made me love working out!! It is so much fun and a great workout! Once it was canceled I ordered the DVDs for home. Now I bounce between spinning and my videos. I don't actually stick to one program, but I really like combat. Insanity was to much for me, and t25 is good if you're short on time. I would go with turbo fire or combat (turbo is my preference because it is more intense). If you do not like dancy I'd do combat. Good luck. There are so many to choose from!
  • yosassi
    yosassi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    21 Day Fix did it for me. It is not just a workout, but also an eating plan that truly redefines your approach to health and fitness. It forces you to marry the two and change them both at once in a way that is sustainable. The workouts are challenging, but not impossible. It really jumpstarted my transformation. I also stuck with a lot of swimming, which if you have access to a pool, can do wonders.

I'm happy to send you a private message with my story if that's helpful! I don't want to post it publicly because I am sick of the negativity that can be bred on these message boards :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Never done one...and somehow, magically I've lost 40 Lb and am in incredible shape.
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    I like Insanity but could only manage the first month
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Turbo fire is craaaaaazy.... In a good way!
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I personally love hip hop abs & rockin body. Really it all depends on what YOU like, every program is liked by some but not by others. If you'd like to message me and let me know a little more about what you are looking for as far as intensity and things like that I may be able to point you to the program that would work best for you.
  • AngelChini
    AngelChini Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks guys!
    I am going to look more into all the programs y'all told me!
  • Smamfa
    Smamfa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Insanity and hip hops abs for me - but thats cos I love Shaun T:)