Subway - Cheese = Still Awesome Sandwich

Options
Hey all,

Just wanted to post a quick note. I had a sub from subway today (love that place) and tried it without the cheese. Long story short, sandwich was still great! Couldn't tell I didn't have the cheese and saved 100+ cals and a bunch of sodium.

Thought I would share.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Replies

• bluebeta
    Options
    i had one yesterday without cheese and thought the same thing. Didn't notice it was missing.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I love Subway!! Hate the sodium though!

Here's a good way to make your calories accurate
    http://www.eddieoneverything.com/nutrition_info/calculators/Subway_calorie-calculator
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    Anyone know if that calculator is for a 6inch or a foot long? It doesn't say. :blushing:

Thanks for posting it. It will come in handy :flowerforyou:
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Yea I stopped getting mine with cheese and I could barely notice the difference, especially since I'm a regular and most of the ladies there will load my sandwich up with a ton of veggies for me.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Anyone know if that calculator is for a 6inch or a foot long? It doesn't say. :blushing:

Thanks for posting it. It will come in handy :flowerforyou:

Seems to be for a 6 inch since it's telling me that my normal sandwich is 315 calories which is about what I was estimating it at anyways.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I noticed the SAME thing a few months ago!! I thought there was no way I'd like mine without a nice slab of pepperjack. But I have yet to notice the lack of flavor! The mustard I get instead of mayo gives me that extra kick, so I'm satisfied! :)
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I can't eat cheese (or dairy for that matter) anymore (horrible lactose intolerance) but things taste just as good or even better without cheese. You should make homemade pizza without cheese...I actually prefer it (haha not that I have a choice anymore) to when I use to eat pizza with cheese. Try it some time!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I still eat the cheese on mine because I literally studied their nutrition facts until I was able to come up with a sandwich or 2 that fits in my diary without making me go over on everything. I love my cheese and their provolone isn't really bad nutritionally as long as you have it on a good sandwich without the nasty condiments. It's those condiments that really add tons of calories since when you get one, they put so much on there it covers the sandwich completely.
  • GingerKid
    Options
    There are sandwiches (anywhere really) that really taste better wtihout cheese. You can taste the meat, veggies and condiments much better, IMO.

Sometimes it's about adding up the little things. (remind me that when I go for the extra beer at night :blush:
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I had one last night and have been eliminating the cheese and adding more veggies and it is delicious