sugar cravings at night

Options
What do you do when you get the sugar cravings at night? I know it is because it is going to be that time of the month soon. I don't want to sabotage my good work.

Thanks for your help.

Replies

• traseeann
    traseeann Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I make myself a cup of hot herbal tea with 1 tsp of sugar. I use the Bigelow brand Pomegranate Blueberry. I it really good! By the time I make it and it cools down enough to drink, I am through with the sugar craving.
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    Apple sauce, fudgesicles both under 100 calories and very sweet
  • ARiepel11
    Options
    I have been dealing with the same cravings. My suggestion is to get some low-fat, low calorie hot chocolate mix that you can make with hot water and sip on when you get those cravings. This way you still get the sweet taste but not destroy your hard work.
  • ladybug1megan
    Options
    I dont deny myself, I compensate elsewhere in the day, If you deny, you might over do it wen you do cave, Peanut M&Ms, Yoplait yogurt is great, But I do anything, just keep it to a serving, and eliminate soda, or coffee with cream and sugar, or something else!!
  • ctheslayer
    Options
    Fage nonfat plain yogurt with trail mix or fresh fruits. Dark chocolate covered almonds. Sometimes, though, I crave the Haagen Dazs coffee. So I keep single serving cups of those in the freezer and I make sure to work it out the following day. Those single serving cups are 260 cals. each.
  • Jeanine_Colavecchi
    Jeanine_Colavecchi Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I bought some "Sweet 16" popsicles...they taste like creamsicles and are only 16 calories! Very yummy and guiltless
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I eat one wieght watchers English Toffee Ice cream bar. I eat it at night for just that reason. I want sugar at night as well. A serving is actually 2 bars but I don't find that I need it. As well as during the day I can say no to everything cause I am gonna get my ice cream
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    jello no sugar pudding
    raisins
    fresh fruit

I just had a pudding w/ a cup of tea for my night snack.
  • sweetness2266
    Options
    I eat orange sherbet over vanilla ice cream on a stick. I dont know what it's called but it's really good and only 80 Cals
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    hot chocolate, oatmeal with splenda and cinnamon, fudge cycle
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Lately my favorite has been Healthy Choice fudge bars. They are 100 calories, decent size, taste good and have 5 grams of fiber to fill you up. Plus, Costco sells a big box! I'm going to get one right now!:happy:
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    skim milk and a your favorite HEALTHY type of cereal. You will get the crunch and sweet.
    jac
  • jenaroma11
    Options
    I just discovered the mini bags of kettle popcorn... sweet and salty... 100 calories for the whole mini bag! ALSO... the mini snickers ice cream bars~ 90 calories.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    This might not work for you, but I'll share anyway. I get TERRIBLE sugar cravings at all times of the day, but evenings and right before bed are the worst. I've found that usually if I'm having a sugar craving that I can't ignore, I'm thirsty and/or tired. Generally if I'm wanting sugar at night and I think back over my day, I haven't drank enough water. If I down a big glass of ice water, maybe 2, it almost always goes away. It's also easier to deal with when I'm getting enough sleep. For me, the flavor I'm craving tells me the difference: if I want fruity sugar like Skittles, I'm thirsty, but if I want chocolate, I need more sleep. Try to see if there's some kind of trigger that you can identify to help banish the cravings before they start.

Good luck to you with getting the cravings under control!
  • tandletammy
    tandletammy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your wonderful ideas! I will try to keep track of my cravings and see if I can get a handle on it. Have a great weekend!