sex
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Beer
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and peanut butter for the initial pity party. Exercise for the continued escape. And friends, because good friends make everything better.
  • ItsJordanNicole
    ItsJordanNicole Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Time is really the only thing that works. Do the things that you enjoy. Go shopping, read a book, workout. Hang out with friends and family. Get to now yourself again.
  • Coltsforlife
    Coltsforlife Posts: 124
    Options
    Workout ,Vacation and Meditation!!
  • airbearlover
    airbearlover Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    For me it depends on the guy in question, the circumstances and if I really loved him. I've been the one to break it off 3 out of four times. The one guy that left me really broke my heart because we had the same dreams at the time and I loved his personality. I cried for a week. Then I put the phone away, threw myself into improving my life and kept moving forward. I didn't forget him but it didn't hurt as bad once I did that. Keeping busy helped in that case.
    But in the case of "love" or really bad infatuation the only cure is a scoop or two of icecream and watching Dr. Who . lol
  • jaclync324
    jaclync324 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Time and focusing on you. You are the only one in charge of your happiness.
  • mopar_lover
    mopar_lover Posts: 198
    Options
    a bullet to the head. works every time.
  • ProteinFiend13
    Options
    Thank you all so much.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Time

and maybe getting under someone else
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Adele!

On a serious note, find a new goal and go after it with everything you got!
  • sweetmelissa222
    sweetmelissa222 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You have to get out of the pity bubble. Go out, do things with friends, get your adrenaline pumping. Do things that will not allow you to spend much time letting your mind wander and it will help. The time alone is the worst, like I always had issues in the car when I was by myself after a breakup because there was nothing distracting me, but eventually, you think of it less and less.
  • ProteinFiend13
    Options
    You have to get out of the pity bubble. Go out, do things with friends, get your adrenaline pumping. Do things that will not allow you to spend much time letting your mind wander and it will help. The time alone is the worst, like I always had issues in the car when I was by myself after a breakup because there was nothing distracting me, but eventually, you think of it less and less.

Thank you. That's when it's the worst (in the car alone)
  • Tiki1978
    Tiki1978 Posts: 364
    Options
    Screw as many people as you can! Go!
  • ProteinFiend13
    Options
    I'm nursing a heart ache. Last night I got drunk and completely forgot about it. But as the buzz wears off today, the pain comes back.
  • JoshTheGiant
    JoshTheGiant Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Like this....

23lnmlt.gif
  • CamilleJackie350
    Options
    cosmo
    >
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    crying to my mom
    crying alone in a corner
    eating
    talking about it
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    You don't. It just gets easier to live with it as time goes on. The way I think of it is for every time my heart has been broken, I was given the opportunity to love someone. I wouldn't take back any of the love I gave to anyone. Even if that person subsequently hurt me. Heartache makes us who we are as much as happiness does.
  • silverstarrlyte
    silverstarrlyte Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    sorry for your heartache... Keep busy. Spend time with friends... let yourself go weak, then get off your *kitten* and live. It hurts. It will fade... Hugs to you!