How to lose my belly fat/how long will it take?

Options
Hi I'm 18 years old and weigh approx 113 lbs. If you look at my photos on my profile you will see a pretty hefty problem area, my stomach. This is thanks to never doing proper exercise my whole childhood and a mum who relied predominantly on oven meals/microwave meals over home cooked ones. My stomach keeps me up at night because of how it makes me feel. When I have clothes on I look skinny, even fit, since my legs are pretty hardened due to exercise and things, however if I were to wear a bikini or even a tight dress the truth is revealed.

I'm nearly crying writing all of this down but I just don't know how or when it will go.
I'm really trying to eat right and I'm watching what I eat and I'm doing the insanity beach body programme almost every day. I know weight doesn't fall off of one particular area, I'm just worried the weight will take years to leave my stomach or maybe it never fully will at all.

Does anyone have any tips or inspirational advice for me? Because it's really making me want to give up

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 18 years old and weigh approx 113 lbs. If you look at my photos on my profile you will see a pretty hefty problem area, my stomach. This is thanks to never doing proper exercise my whole childhood and a mum who relied predominantly on oven meals/microwave meals over home cooked ones. My stomach keeps me up at night because of how it makes me feel. When I have clothes on I look skinny, even fit, since my legs are pretty hardened due to exercise and things, however if I were to wear a bikini or even a tight dress the truth is revealed.

I'm nearly crying writing all of this down but I just don't know how or when it will go.
    I'm really trying to eat right and I'm watching what I eat and I'm doing the insanity beach body programme almost every day. I know weight doesn't fall off of one particular area, I'm just worried the weight will take years to leave my stomach or maybe it never fully will at all.

Does anyone have any tips or inspirational advice for me? Because it's really making me want to give up

You are 113 and you want to lose 13 pounds? How tall are you?

Also, see the bolded parts. Those are worrisome statements and sound like the real issues that need to be addressed.

eta: you say you are 18, yet your profile states you are 21. If you are under 18, this is not the place for you. Speak with a parent and/or trusted adult.
  • chloefawn
    chloefawn Posts: 9
    Options
    I logged in 13 pounds ages ago, like the beginning of October last year. I just haven't gotten round to changing it because I only really use the fitness pal food app on my phone, hence why I have an account. I came here as a last straw really.

Yeah I'm actually 18 but I know this is an American site. In the UK (where I live) I'm considered a full adult, not a child, hence why I'm here
  • chloefawn
    chloefawn Posts: 9
    Options
    Ask yourself one question - how will this belly fat disappear if I give up? Answer = it won't. Losing weight and toning up takes effort. You're going to have rough days, days when you cheat, days when you don't want to move your butt. If you stick with it, log accurately, and eat at a deficit you will get there. :)

Thank you, you're right :) x
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy weights 3 times a week. Programs: Strong Lifts, Ice Cream Fitness. If you like cardio, 1-2 sessions 15-20 minutes each.

Eat 1 gram of protein / lean mass (around 100 grams for you) and .4 grams of fat / bw (40-50 grams) minimum. Use the rest of calories for carbs.

Find out your TDEE and eat right under it. Maybe 100-200 calories.

Your stomach will be flat in about 6 months.
  • magnolia_ah
    magnolia_ah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Be Patient, Lift weight and eat clean, babe :)
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i honestly feel the same way. its always on my mind, esp wanting to wear a bathing suit and feel comfortable in it. i too look lean and skinny with clothes on unless i have a skin tight dress, it looks sooo bad! it sticks out like 3 inches! :( im sure it will go away hunny and there def are days i just say f*** it im done, but like one of the above posters said, that attitude wont get you a flat tummy. be patient hunn