Starting Couch to 5K today anyone want to join?

Options
2»

Replies

• Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Squidgeypaw, thank you for that, I just kind of mademine up last time because they didnt have an easy enough level, did you find an app that did 30seconds?

How do we want to document this?

At first I just ran as much as possible in the time gaps! You don't have to do exactly what the app says and you can repeat weeks as many times as you need to :) I actually ended up skipping a week because I'd made so much progress - the app is really good for beginners :)

And Zombies Run = :heart: love that app xD
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Wow I am really excited to have so many friends joining in. I am also intimidated by my fitness level but I am just going to do my best. Some friends suggested repeating weeks if it becomes too difficult. I would like to keep this going as a group. Let me see what I can do...anyone want to pick a name?

you'll get into the swing of things before you even notice it - remember, it's to build fitness, you don't have to have it before you start!!

And names....hmmmm.
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting Week 2 tomorrow if my knees cooperate! (I suspect I have arthritis, they're better with use. Don't always get out for my walks though.)

During week one, at the point where I thought I'd fall over because I couldn't run/jog anymore was when it beeps to start walking. I don't know how I'm going to pull off 90 seconds this week. Someone will find me passed out on the side of the road. lol
  • aprilmenzies1
    aprilmenzies1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Im doing the 30 day shred too, will have a look at the couch to 5k x:happy:
  • NurseNiffa
    NurseNiffa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My friends and I just started C25K. We are supposed to start week 2 this week. I think that I am going to download the zombie run app, it sounds like fun!!
  • amable26
    amable26 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am going to start today!
  • geenabee2014
    Options
    NYmisc has started a new post for the c25k buddies it's

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1340643-today-is-the-day

Hope we can all help each other :) first day later
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I started it yesterday, I do more on the treadmill at the gym but I need to get used to road running. :)
  • cori314
    cori314 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 and I love it! Count me in
  • Ariella603
    Options
    I found the app yesterday, found myfitnesspal yesterday too! So I plan on starting the c25k today:) Feel free to add me
  • JenniferRHughes
    JenniferRHughes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to add everyone but it is up and day one was a doozie. Definitely going to luck in to the zombie app :)
  • DCaffrey
    DCaffrey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm on W6D3 which is a 22 min run. I went out on my own last night but could only manage 12 mins. Last week I ran with a friend and ran 20 mins non stop and on Sunday I went with my cousin, she runs all the time, and ran a full 5k with her in 36 mins. I know I can do it but I seem to be better with someone else. I'll try again tomorrow night and i'll push myself to even do a few extra mins a night.

Please feel free to add me.
  • Happyirisheyes
    Happyirisheyes Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'd like to start the C25K, i started a few weeks ago but then got lazy but i can try and start again! Please add me if you like!
  • IdRatherBeReading
    IdRatherBeReading Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just started it again....I attempted it a while back and quit after a couple of weeks due to laziness, lol.

I will be doing week 1 day 2 this evening. I only run outdoors, and I prefer to run in the evenings....I am really really not a morning person.
  • Alliern45
    Alliern45 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just finished W3D1
    Allie
  • Stanlee202
    Stanlee202 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just finished W4D3. I never thought I'd ever be a runner (even if I do go slower than a turtle!). Have fun running everyone :) (and feel free to add me if you'd like)