what was your nsv today?

Options

Replies

• daliyanin
    daliyanin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I tumbled. I want to be able to do a hand stand, and I've always been afraid of the falling part. After tumbling yesterday afternoon, I wasn't as scared to try handstands. Still a work in progress.
  • Smccabe8
    Smccabe8 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I fit into some jeans from last summer that I haven't been able to wear this year. And they look GREAT!
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    My boss took a picture of a group of us and I like how I look :happy:
  • candrusiak
    candrusiak Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hit a new notch on my belt.
  • GeordieGirl80s
    GeordieGirl80s Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 NSVs today............................ 1) doing 20 minutes on the stationary bike. 2) discovering that my bulgy tummy now has a noticeable dip above it & is a bit smaller
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I passed on the DONUTS!
  • silverstarrlyte
    silverstarrlyte Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I fit into size eights and was able to wear a belt that I haven't been able to wrap around myself in like 5 years!
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Bicycled to the top of a mountain without stopping.

OK, technically a mountain: Mount Holyoke. 1.9 miles, 770 feet of climbing from the river valley to the summit, 7.8% average grade, 12.5% maximum grade. You people who live in the Rockies, the Andes, or the Alps have my permission to laugh.
  • krogers810x
    krogers810x Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have two today :)

I was feeling really, really frustrated this morning because I got on the scale and saw I had gone UP in weight instead of down. I almost cried, realizing that this is the most consistent I have been in my life getting my butt in gear and really working out. I am doing 30DS and was only planning to measure Day 1 and Day 30 but I was so stressed I decided to measure my hips to see if I was getting bigger. I am down TWO INCHES - and I'm just over halfway through the 30 days!

I also did the elliptical today, for some extra cardio. I was going along, watching Bizarre Food and doing my thing ... when I noticed I was on the elliptical for 30 minutes ... and didn't want to get off. A few weeks ago, I was staring the timer down and couldn't wait to get off. I have never gotten lost in exercise and actually liked it before. It's always been a chore.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I am wearing a dress 12 sizes smaller!!! (I think it might be mislabled) :bigsmile:
  • JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    from being a couch potato I went on my bike, and burned 280 calories. ive been doing this all week and seeing great results.
  • cahf
    cahf Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm still new - 25 days logged in a row - but what really was great for me this week was that I didn't even think about food really, I just ate healthily and came in well under my goal most days. It sure would be nice if this lasted! I think that cutting out sweets and processed food has made an enormous difference in my hunger level. It is just nice to not feel like I'm "giving something up" when I don't have a donut.
  • prplrose33
    prplrose33 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I ran my first ever 5K and completed it in 39 minutes (slow, but I ran the entire way). :)
  • bkk40in2011
    Options
    I was able to wrap a normal sized bath towel around myself and tuck it in and be completely covered! I haven't been able to do that in probably 15 yrs!

Oh my gosh this one! I would love to be able to say that! July is horrendous here and I normally don't venture out after 2pm if I don't have to do anything important. Today I did all my yard work, showered, went to get more plants, came home and spent an hr in the blazing sun planting them and had a blast. Second shower later and I am sitting here looking at forums as reward because I did great today!!!
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Finally, finally made it to the gym during lunch. I fought it (contacted all my regular lunch buddies and they all said no) but I could have just eaten lunch at my desk and skipped but I went, I went, I went!!!
  • ag27404
    ag27404 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am down 3 inches in my waist, 3 inches in my hips, an inch on my thighs and an inch on my chest.

My trainer was so surprised about my waist he measured it 3 times!
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Finally, finally made it to the gym during lunch. I fought it (contacted all my regular lunch buddies and they all said no) but I could have just eaten lunch at my desk and skipped but I went, I went, I went!!!

you go!!!! that is a huuuuge accomplishment. kudos to you!!
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i am so proud and happy reading all these awesome accomplishments. you guys are all wonderful people!! keep up the excellent work! you are doing so good. and i know it will be hard some days. and when it gets reaaaally bad, come back and look at this thread. look at how far you've all come. seriously i was having a bad night and reading all of your responses made me genuinely happy
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Just went to the shop to buy icecream and a guy walks in and stands next to me. Says to the lady serving me "why do all the pretty girls get served first?" I told him to get a pony tail. lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!