Sweetening Greek yogurt ?

Options

Replies

• Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Love it with frozen blueberries ( defrosted off course).

If I'm really craving it a bit sweeter I'll add about 10g of honey.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It is o.k. not to eat yogurt. Skip it.
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I've found that powdered stevia tastes better to me in greek yogurt. I use liquid stevia in my tea, but it tasted a little bitter to me in yogurt. If you don't mind "sugar free" products, a teaspoon of sugar free vanilla pudding is amazing in greek yogurt.
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    frozen or fresh fruit -- your options are endless.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Wait...let me get this straight. You're worried about adding a teaspoon of sugar or a handful of fruit to your yogurt because of the added calories, but you're eating 10-20 squares of chocolate just about every day.

Nothing wrong with chocolate. I just don't get the fear of putting fruit in yogurt because of the added 'sugar'. Your words.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    How about buying greek yogurt with .... *drumroll*..... fruit...

Sugar content...

Sugar isn't evil?

It's all about the quantity. I have a sweet tooth and I eat a lot of greek yogurt. It would take 60-100g of sugar a day to sweeten the amounts of yogurt I am eating some days. And I'm trying to keep below 40g a day total.

How much yoghurt are you eating and why so much, especially given that you're clearly not a huge fan of it?
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I just use granulated candarel and a bit of vanilla essense, I LOVE this. I have it with a handful of strawberries.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Wait...let me get this straight. You're worried about adding a teaspoon of sugar or a handful of fruit to your yogurt because of the added calories, but you're eating 10-20 squares of chocolate just about every day.

Nothing wrong with chocolate. I just don't get the fear of putting fruit in yogurt because of the added 'sugar'. Your words.

Oh the lulz!!
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Chobani for the win. 170gm serve, 14g protein. Comes in a gazillion flavours.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Chobani.

Try it.

Passionfruit is my fave... pop it into the freezer & you have ice cream that is so damn good for you.
  • nonacgp
    nonacgp Posts: 132
    Options
    What about sugar free jams or Smuckers 50 % less sugar. These come in all flavors.
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I like some stevia with cinnamon sprinkled in. Lately I've been loving Greek yogurt with either pineapple chunks or banana slices. No need for more sweetness as the fruit does the trick.
  • Debssssssssss
    Debssssssssss Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sugar free maple syrup.
    Splenda.
    Apple purée with a bit of cinnamon.
    Protein Powder

Those are things I use.

If you cant stand it still with any of those thing then just have regular yoghurt. Fit it into your calories/macro's. It's not as bad and evil as you think. Don't make it so complicated!
  • Adefowler
    Adefowler Posts: 61 Member
    Options

3) stevia glycerite liquid
    This seems to work reasonably well. The taste is not great but OK. And it's zero calories and not expensive.

I use flavored stevia liquid. My two favorite flavors for greek yogurt are the Valencia Orange and Lemon. MMMMM....
  • getfitgal123
    getfitgal123 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I add sugar-free jello mix to my Greek yogurt. Strawberry-banana is really good as is plain strawberry. There are a ton of other flavors.
    Sometimes I add sugar-free pudding mix instead. Chocolate fudge is good. As is banana. Also pistachio.
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Good ideas.....
  • HellaCarriefornia
    HellaCarriefornia Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I know you said no to sugar, but I find that 1/2 - 1 tsp brown sugar is plenty sweet enough for me for a 6 oz (150g) container of plain greek yogurt. That's only max 4g / 16 calories of sugar.
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I put vanilla whey protein powder in mine. Just have to make sure to stir it in really well. Then I add whatever topping I feel like that day such as fruit, granola, or even dark chocolate.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Real maple syrup or chocolate milk powder like Nesquik.
  • madbrainDotCom
    madbrainDotCom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    It is o.k. not to eat yogurt. Skip it.

Agree about skipping regular yogurt. But I think greek yogurt is great to hit a protein goal.