Salmon Recipes!

Options

Replies

• sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I sprinkle some Weber Beer Can Chicken seasoning on it (that stuff is great on everything btw) and just fry it in a frying pan in a little duck fat (a half teaspoon - 20 cals). Other times I marinate it in a little teriyaki sauce first, and pour a little more on top when I serve it.

I like having it with a little salsa or Trader Joes low cal guacamole. Guac and salmon taste amazing together.

And now I"ve made myself hungry.

I love salmon, it's my favorite fish.
  • prism1968
    prism1968 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I sprinkle some Weber Beer Can Chicken seasoning on it (that stuff is great on everything btw) and just fry it in a frying pan in a little duck fat (a half teaspoon - 20 cals). Other times I marinate it in a little teriyaki sauce first, and pour a little more on top when I serve it.

I like having it with a little salsa or Trader Joes low cal guacamole. Guac and salmon taste amazing together.

And now I"ve made myself hungry.

I love salmon, it's my favorite fish.

Omgoodness, where do you get duck fat?
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I just made salmon tonight - delish!!!

I marinated salmon with hoisin sauce, orange juice concentrate, soy sauce, ginger, and grated orange peel.

Broiled 4 inches from element for 4 minutes per side, brushing with marinade.

The kids rated it a 10/10!!!
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I second the recommendation to use salmon to make ceviche!

I also love it poached and served cold during the summer, with a sour cream or yoghurt sauce to top it, with salad.

Salmon filet is also good just topped with your favorite salsa and baked at 400F for 10 minutes.
  • CharleneM723
    CharleneM723 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I poach it in a bit of water with a drop of white wine, add lemon and dill.
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I like to do salmon with my favorite grainy mustard on it...and the broil for 10-15 mins depending on the thickness. Delish!
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I made this yesterday...
    Placed the salmon fillets on a half slice of smoked bacon and 1/2 lemon slice on top and baked at 375. If any of the fillets have a thin side, tuck this under the fillet. While it is baking take 2 TBS of balsamic vinegar; 1 TBS honey; 1 TBS creole mustard and warm and blend in a small skillet. Add a TBS of cold butter. 5 mins before salmon is finished, baste with the sauce. This is to die for. Discard the bacon because all it's needed for is to add a suttle smoked flavor.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I have discovered after a decade of cooking salmon that any marinade or seasoning blend you have will taste great on it. From Jerk to Rendezvous rib to Montreal steak to Cavendars Greek to Old Bay to blackening to honey mustard to maple glaze to BBQ to herbs de Provence to Madras curry, to teriyaki to Chinese 5 spice to Thai lemon grass to chili mango to ceviche to sushi dipped in soy sauce. It's ALL GOOD!!!! Just don't over cook it and you will be fine
  • teranga79
    teranga79 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I put a fillet on some foil with various veg - leeks, spring onions, green beans, peas, baby corn, etc. No oil. Wrap into a parcel and bake in oven. Soooo good :) Usually the fish and most of the veg are frozen too so it takes me about 2 mins to prepare. The veg softens beautifully and creates a sort of sauce.
  • firebloom
    firebloom Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I made this one (link below) today but I tweaked it a little bit. I pan fried the salmon and marinaded it in tamari sauce for an hour or so before cooking. I also had it with rice instead of the soba noodles and it was fantastic.

http://thedesignfiles.net/2013/07/tasty-tuesday-miso-baked-salmon-with-edamame-and-tamari-greens/
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I might be totally boring but I just bake or pan fry mine with 1/2 tbsp butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper. perfect every time!
  • KatieJean922
    Options
    This is the easiest, most flavorful salmon recipe. It's one of my healthy eating staples:

Put the fish on a baking sheet. Spray lightly with olive oil or butter spray (optional). Next, sprinkle on kosher salt and some cracked black pepper, and a generous amount of garlic powder. cover the top of the salmon with fresh dill. Load the salmon up! I use almost a whole bunch of fresh dill for a 1 pound fillet. Finally, squeeze some fresh or bottled lemon juice on top of the dill covered salmon. Then cook!

Another favorite of mine is Gwyneth Paltrow's Sriracha Lime Salmon. The recipe for this is here: http://www.self.com/body/recipes/2013/04/salmon-sriracha-sauce-lime/. This is another staple, its truly so delicious!

Both of these recipes use mostly kitchen staples so you can limit what you will need to purchase from the grocery store! That's one big reason why I love them. The other is that they are so, so delicious despite being so simple to make.

I hope you give them a try! I think they're definitely worth it!
  • hallo_spacedog
    hallo_spacedog Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I eat salmon in the Japanese style very often - just finished eating a piece, and since I put it in my lunch box I need the simplest thing possible, so I take a big side of salmon, salt it liberally on both sides, wrap in paper towels and plastic wrap, and put it in the fridge overnight. 24 hrs later, I cut it into 1 serving portions (abt 60g each raw in my case) and then wrap each one individually and freeze them inside a ziplock bag.

Then when you want a piece, they will thaw in the fridge over a day, on the counter in a hour or two or 1 min in the microwave. Then I usually broil them because it takes 5 mins or so, or you can pan sear without oil or if you're feeling fancy, dredge in flour and briefly fry it.

It's really cheap and easy.
  • all4rescue
    all4rescue Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    For really good,fresh salmon, I prefer it as ceviche. Just make a pico de gallo with tomatoes, onions and jalapeños, some cilantro and a good amount of lime juice. Add the salmon, cut into bite size pieces. The lime "cooks" the salmon. Give it 2-4 hours in the fridge before eating.

I need to try this! Thank you!
  • jlc102980
    jlc102980 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I do these Grilled Salmon Kebabs almost every week in summer. (The first time I made them, my BF liked them so much, he even at the lemons, rinds and all). I'll serve it with salad or brown rice or grilled veggies - sometimes we just eat them on their own.

Ingredients

2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano (Sometimes I used bottled/dried)
    2 tsp sesame seeds
    1 tsp ground cumin
    1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
    1-1/2 pounds skinless wild salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces (can use farm-raised if you prefer).
    2 lemons, very thinly sliced into rounds** (I like thicker slices and tend to use 3-4 lemons.)
    olive oil cooking spray
    1 tsp kosher salt
    16 bamboo skewers soaked in water 1 hour (I have a metal set of skewers about 12" long for my grill, and this usually makes 4-6 skewers of those).

Directions:

Heat the grill one medium heat and spray the grates with oil. Mix oregano, sesame seeds, cumin, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl to combine; set spice mixture aside.

Beginning and ending with salmon, thread salmon and folded lemon slices onto 8 pairs of parallel skewers to make 8 kebabs total. Spray the fish lightly with oil and season kosher salt and the reserved spice mixture.

Grill the fish, turning occasionally, until fish is opaque throughout, about 8 to 10 minutes total.

Thank you, skinnytaste! http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/06/these-lovely-grilled-salmon-and-lemon.html
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    My crew likes salmon patties...

2 cans (6oz) canned salmon with the bones...pulse in a food processor to mush the bones into the salmon (you can do this by hand, too, btw, the bones are super soft)
    1 cup finely diced onion
    1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
    1/2 cup finely shredded celery
    1T dill
    1tsp salt and pepper
    2 egg whites

Blend all this together til well mixed. Form patties (about 1/3 cup of mixture) and either bake, broil or pan fry til golden brown and 165F in the center.
  • prism1968
    prism1968 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My crew likes salmon patties...

2 cans (6oz) canned salmon with the bones...pulse in a food processor to mush the bones into the salmon (you can do this by hand, too, btw, the bones are super soft)
    1 cup finely diced onion
    1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
    1/2 cup finely shredded celery
    1T dill
    1tsp salt and pepper
    2 egg whites

Blend all this together til well mixed. Form patties (about 1/3 cup of mixture) and either bake, broil or pan fry til golden brown and 165F in the center.

Definitely trying this one!
  • subjecttwo
    subjecttwo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I bake it in the oven with a mix of brown mustard and light mayo on top, its delicious. Or marinade in teriyaki with garlic salt, onion powder, and sliced onions. These recipes everyones posted sound great.
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Def gonna try some of these, thanks for asking OP!
  • ChelseaWelseyKins
    ChelseaWelseyKins Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Salmon - Pan fried with chili powder and a little bit of cayenne.
    Then mix a dip that consists of Greek yogurt, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper!

It's so good and even a good marinade on chicken. :)