HELP! I can lose any weight. What am I doing wrong?

Options

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Well i agree with most of the above, but I also think that we need to do something different now and again for continuous weight loss. By all means check your calories, but your body has adjusted to your routine so you need to jolt it back into weight loss mode.
    THINK carefully about this....you could try adding a fast day, or reduce your carbs ( I think they are a bit too high), or try cider apple vinegar.....something different to shake up your body. I dont know what age you are but Im assuming you are under 40? Weight loss should be easy unless you have thyroid problems??
    No, just no. This is not accurate. Calories in/calories out Change in exercise or food is personal preference only.
  • camralens
    camralens Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am done with this message board. Instead of getting inspiration and advice, I get slander and bullying. No need to comment or reply any further, I won't be checking back on it. Happy 4th of July everyone!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I am done with this message board. Instead of getting inspiration and advice, I get slander and bullying. No need to comment or reply any further, I won't be checking back on it. Happy 4th of July everyone!

Are you kidding? I spent time going over your diary and posted some very good suggestions as did a lot of others. I may not agree with everything that was suggested but everyone here was trying to help. I was genuinely trying to help. I'm sorry if it was not what you wanted to hear.

Good luck with your weight loss.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Out of curiousity, how much muscle can the OP expect to put on?
    If she is losing fat and adding muscle, how much are we talking to offset the weight loss?
    That's not the way it works. Other than newbie gains, you don't build muscle while on a deficit, especially if you have so little to lose.

that was kind of my point. Even newbie gains aren't going to be a huge amount.

Yep. To add to this:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html (scroll down to "How Fast Can I Gain Muscle)

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/adding-muscle-while-losing-fat-qa.html
  • camralens
    camralens Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Are you kidding? I spent time going over your diary and posted some very good suggestions as did a lot of others. I may not agree with everything that was suggested but everyone here was trying to help. I was genuinely trying to help. I'm sorry if it was not what you wanted to hear.

My apologizes. I appreciated the actual suggestions and advice. But there are always those bad apples that ruin it for everyone else. Thank you.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Also, noticed 1 cup of cooked rice logged at like 43 calories or something. That # seems way too low to me. I see same rice logged much higher at closer to 150-250 calories elsewhere. And I notice 1 cup logged at less than 50cal and then earlier 1/2 cup same rice logged at 85?? Rice and breads are highly caloric and I think if you are underestimating you could be adding as much as 500 cal a week based upon how often you are eating it with your meals.

I had 1/4 cup of cooked rice. 1 cup is 170 (divide by 4 is 43 calories; 42.5 actually) and a 1/2 cup is 85 calories
    You'd be surprised at the difference between weights and cups--the cups is almost always more calories than the weight.

For example-my almonds. 28 grams, or 1/4 cup, is supposed to have 170 calories. Take 1/4 cup of almonds and put it on the food scale, and it will definitely come out to more than 28 grams.

My bananas that often look the same size differ in weights. I've eaten bananas with 95 calories and bananas with 130 calories. I know this because I weight them in grams.

In fact, I weigh just about everything in grams. If there is not entry with grams, then I find the USDA information and enter it under my foods so that it's there. Some meats I weight in ounces, but I like grams better because it's more precise.

It's easy to kill our calorie deficit with little inconsistencies in our logging of food and exercise. Good luck to you! :smile:
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Oh. I just posted nice reply. Hope you come back.

Happy 4th to you too.
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    OP, if you're still checking this thread, I suggest you listen to the people you think are bullying you or being negative. Listening to the "mean" people was how I got through my first plateau when I was exactly where you are now (I was much, much more obese though).

Also, I've missed where people are mean and negative on this thread. Maybe those people deleted their posts?
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

+1

I'm kind of irritated that I came back to this thread only to see that the OP flounced over nothing.

Nobody slandered or bullied you. It just didn't make sense that you would choose to try a detox instead of going to the doc to get help with your thyroid.

Good luck.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Nothing is misleading and the detoxing was a positive suggestion, unlike both of yours. I am asking for positive advice not negative comments. I guess you both missed that day in Kindergarten. I would hope you stay off the weight-based" message boards if you are not going to be positive. We don't need any bullies, thanks.

This goes for everyone else. Someone is asking for advice - you don't need to put your negative 2 cents in. Positivity goes a much longer way. I'm sure everyone has been in my place one time or another.
    Telling someone BS that won't accomplish anything, will waste time and effort, and might possibly cause negative side-effects, is not a "positive" suggestion. So even it were your job to tell everyone else what they may or may not post on the internet, you'd still be doing it wrong.
  • DynamicDiva
    DynamicDiva Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Here are a few things to consider:

1. Are you using a heart rate monitor to calculate your actual calories burned? And is your weight in it accurate weekly
    2. Are you using a scale to weigh your food? And are you using the recipe portion to accurately calculate calories for family meals? Sometimes, I have to add calories for the entire meal/food, weighing it out. Then I have to get the accurate servings per meal/food by re-weighing it and dividing it out based off the grams or ounces.
    3. How long have you been doing your workout routines? It may be time to switch it up. Maybe you want to double the cardio and decrease the strength---just to rev it up and shock the body.
    4. Document EVERYTHING that touches your lips.............everrythang
    5. Oh....check your water intake and sodium too.

on the upside........inches lost are better than pounds lost any day. Inches lost determine how you look naked. Pounds lost just means you can still be skinny fat (looking slim in clothes, but jiggly and fluffy naked. Ain't nobody got time for that........lol
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    OP, if you're still checking this thread, I suggest you listen to the people you think are bullying you or being negative. Listening to the "mean" people was how I got through my first plateau when I was exactly where you are now (I was much, much more obese though).

Also, I've missed where people are mean and negative on this thread. Maybe those people deleted their posts?

Yep. I'd also suggest that you revisit your definitions of the words "slander" and "bully."
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    It's actually not impossible. I didn't believe it when I first heard about it either. I'm trying to access actual peer reviewed medical data, but having a hard time doing anything from my tablet. I don't pay attention to anything but peer reviewed research and don't like journalistic magazine articles. I'll post the info when I can.

In for this...
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Not sure if she's going to check back, but, I'm in with everyone who says there was no "slandering/bullying". Anyway, time for advice.

Have you recalculated your calories since losing weight? The amount you need changes as you lose weight, so you could be overeating and not know it.

Edit entries to fit your weighted food. It may have the same calories the entries that have cups and stuff, but it is worth it to edit entries. Only reason I'm not bothering with editing entries right now is I'm sick and being lazy but still logging all I eat.

Your HRM burns seem a tad high for the length of workouts, and that could be misleading you to the amount of calories you actually need each day.

Clean eating has nothing to do with weight loss, it's just beneficial for nutrients and stuff.

Try switching up calories per day if you think that will help.

Detoxes are really silly and don't work, I only use one kind and that's because (TMI, sorry) my bowels aren't regular because it's just how i"m made they help me go to the bathroom without resorting to taking laxatives daily.
  • EXPERImatt
    Options
    Are you getting enough sleep...often times if you aren't sleeping enough/getting good quality sleep you won't lose weight because of off balance hormone levels. The same goes with stress. (Try doing some research on various bodily hormones like insulin, cortisol, leptin and ghrelin). Good luck!
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You really need to get your thyroid checked by a doctor. If it's enlarged you almost certainly have hyper or hypothyroidism. Please get checked out, if severe enough it could be life-threatening.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    It's actually not impossible. I didn't believe it when I first heard about it either. I'm trying to access actual peer reviewed medical data, but having a hard time doing anything from my tablet. I don't pay attention to anything but peer reviewed research and don't like journalistic magazine articles. I'll post the info when I can.

In for this...

Every time I think you have exhibited all the patience one man can muster, you bring it again. Happy Waiting, jof.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    30178692.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

In for this...

Every time I think you have exhibited all the patience one man can muster, you bring it again. Happy Waiting, jof.

This time will be different.

This time they will deliver.

This time.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

that's fine. You clearly don't know what either of those words mean.