Help this dork with Gifs

Options

Replies

• ItIsNotAboutU
    Options
    SAWEET!
  • ItIsNotAboutU
    Options
    Jeep - when you use photobucket, on the right side of the screen there are various codes you can copy, one of them says direct link. Copy and paste that, then put the img tags around it.

Edit to add: what you copy/paste should end in .gif or whatever your image type is (.jpg, .png, etc)

Thank you!!!!!
  • Red_sparkling_Titania
    Options
    qEBOvhJ.gif
  • Red_sparkling_Titania
    Options
    giftest_zps90f96f2d.jpg

Well done! :)
  • Red_sparkling_Titania
    Options
    fckya.gif
  • ItIsNotAboutU
    Options
    vols_zps33370456.png

still wondering if i got it...
  • Kirstyjem
    Kirstyjem Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Its not working! :grumble:
  • ItIsNotAboutU
    Options
    Its not working! :grumble:

can you not see the gif, or you can't post a gif??
  • Kirstyjem
    Kirstyjem Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    gCNCpLZ_zpsf335da64.gif

Yuss!!!
  • ItIsNotAboutU
    Options
    gCNCpLZ_zpsf335da64.gif

Yuss!!!

Nice! Now where did you get this gif?
  • Red_sparkling_Titania
    Options
    gCNCpLZ_zpsf335da64.gif

Yuss!!!

lmsac.gif
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Since the instructions were already shown on how to post images.

The easiest way to obtain images and/or gifs (to me at least) is to use google.

Basically go to images.google.com (or www.google.com then type what you want and then hit images) once at images.google.com type whatever you're looking for we'll use "kitty attacks internet" once you see your results to limit them down to gifs click on the "Search Tools" icon that's underneath the search field and to the right. Then click on Type and a drop down menu will popup and you can select "animated".

Alternatively you can also click the cog to the right and select "Advanced Search" which will take you to another page. From there you can select Type and choose Animated. Once you do that select Advanced Search at the bottom to return back to the searches.

Then you can click on the image you'd like to see, give it a moment to load and it should animate. Once you decide on your image right click it and select "copy Image URL". I picked the third over.

To test you can paste this in your post/notepad/Word and it should look like

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Kitten-attacks-camera.gif

The things to remember are the .gif or file extension at the end. There are some images that will have a long string attached after the file extension and these won't typically work. There are ways around that but for this scope we'll ignore those. Once you have the URL (where the image is) you can put your image tags in.

Kitten-attacks-camera.gif

I hope this helps all of the steps were done in Chrome so if you use another browser the wording may be different.
  • ItIsNotAboutU
    Options
    blonde_zps39a0f4e8.jpg
  • newjensoon
    newjensoon Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Bumping to try later. Thanks! :)
  • tristan299
    tristan299 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    Since the instructions were already shown on how to post images.

The easiest way to obtain images and/or gifs (to me at least) is to use google.

Basically go to images.google.com (or www.google.com then type what you want and then hit images) once at images.google.com type whatever you're looking for we'll use "kitty attacks internet" once you see your results to limit them down to gifs click on the "Search Tools" icon that's underneath the search field and to the right. Then click on Type and a drop down menu will popup and you can select "animated".

Alternatively you can also click the cog to the right and select "Advanced Search" which will take you to another page. From there you can select Type and choose Animated. Once you do that select Advanced Search at the bottom to return back to the searches.

Then you can click on the image you'd like to see, give it a moment to load and it should animate. Once you decide on your image right click it and select "copy Image URL". I picked the third over.

To test you can paste this in your post/notepad/Word and it should look like

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Kitten-attacks-camera.gif

The things to remember are the .gif or file extension at the end. There are some images that will have a long string attached after the file extension and these won't typically work. There are ways around that but for this scope we'll ignore those. Once you have the URL (where the image is) you can put your image tags in.

Kitten-attacks-camera.gif

I hope this helps all of the steps were done in Chrome so if you use another browser the wording may be different.

Tried this, I just get the URL addy coming up, no image?????????
  • TheNewPriceIsLoading
    TheNewPriceIsLoading Posts: 2,135 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the [.img][./img] before and after the URL to post it here. (remove the . when posting a gif. :)
  • tristan299
    Options
    200_s.gif

Will it or wont it????
  • tristan299
    Options
    Nice-catch.gif

Oh yes i'm a smart *kitten* too now
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member