• tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    I just made watermelon jelly, yummy
    watermelonjelly_zpsa701459a.jpg
  • Biggirllittledreams
    Biggirllittledreams Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    No, it's an abomination. PB should stick with its own kind.

So like PB and nutella sammiches? OR what?

UH NO fluff + Nutella is okay, and peanut butter sandwiches are okay.....but you can't mix the two. That's just crossing a line man.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Is it weird that I like jelly (or jam) on a turkey sandwich? My family thinks that's just wrong. My favs are seedless raspberry and sour cherry.

No, because my dad eats peanut butter, jelly, bacon, egg sandwiches....sounds gross to me though

Your dad is smart. It's yummy. Though I usually skip the egg part. :P
  • TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    oh gosh, jelly on bread??!! :noway:

* reminds self this is an American site and they really mean jam :blushing:

actually, nobody here has peanut butter and jam together either - they might have one or the other on bread but not both together. That seems really weird combination to us.

Weird is peanut butter and turkey bologna on a cinnamon raisin bagel.... but it tasted awesome. (In my defense, that particular combination started when I was pregnant.) But heck, aren't all Americans weird? What with the funky accents, driving on the right side of the road, and general behavior? (Says the weird American :) )
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options

actually, nobody here has peanut butter and jam together either - they might have one or the other on bread but not both together. That seems really weird combination to us.

Actually peanut butter and jam sandwiches got my eldest through her 6/7 yearold growth spurt. Unfortunately a girl she sits with at lunch has a nut allergy now. Her food range has increased this year though .
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Is it weird that I like jelly (or jam) on a turkey sandwich? My family thinks that's just wrong. My favs are seedless raspberry and sour cherry.

That's my jam!

I lurve cherry jam/chutney on turkey sammich holey wow, LOVE!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I just made watermelon jelly, yummy
    watermelonjelly_zpsa701459a.jpg

I want to reach into the screen and grab one of those jars! My Grandma used to make it all the time.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    False, tastes good on my hand. Bread is gonna make you fat.

5207620820_18e52d64bc_z.jpg
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

I don't know about sweet jam but I often have meat and chutney or cheeses and chutney sandwiches.

And chutney is really just savoury jam.

Jelly and jam are specifically two different things, but I would classify chutney as a relish, due to chunk size, consistency, usage, and constituents. All that said, it's delicious when done right.
  • peejaygee1
    peejaygee1 Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options

Yep....however, my hubby likes peanut butter and honey sandwiches...all a bit strange to me...

ETA - Although I quite like the idea of a peanut butter and nutella sandwich...
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Sweet orange marmalade, with margarine, on toast.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Sweet orange marmalade, with margarine, on toast.

OMG fave! And since no one will buy orange marmalade in any house I've lived in and I feel guilty buying it for JUST ME, I usually only have this at hotels and restaurants. That's if I have room for it after steak and eggs or strawberry waffles or whatever I've just ordered.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,014 Member
    Options

I don't know about sweet jam but I often have meat and chutney or cheeses and chutney sandwiches.

And chutney is really just savoury jam.

Jelly and jam are specifically two different things, but I would classify chutney as a relish, due to chunk size, consistency, usage, and constituents. All that said, it's delicious when done right.

Where do you live?

In Australia, jelly and jam are certainly different things - but what Americans call jelly is the same as what we Aussies call jam .
    Jam can be quite chunky or can be quite smooth.
    Chutney and relish are both words for the same thing IME, and both are really just savoury jam.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Pb&J for the win

Edited again for a follow up:

What's the difference between jelly and jam?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,014 Member
    Options

My understanding is that what Americans call jelly is same as what Australia, UK etc call jam.

Jelly in Australia is that dessert thing you make from jelly crystals, dissolve them in boiling water and put in bowl in fridge to set - not sure what it is called in America.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options

My understanding is that what Americans call jelly is same as what Australia, UK etc call jam.

Jelly in Australia is that dessert thing you make from jelly crystals, dissolve them in boiling water and put in bowl in fridge to set - not sure what it is called in America.
    Jell-o!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Love this one.

And no Jelly and PB should not go together - there I said it.

It's just wrong, that's all.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Two words: "apple jelly." Mmmmmm...

I've never tried "apple" jelly but based on your profile pic, I can honestly say, I don't think I'm ready for it.

...yet.:smile::wink:

:laugh:
  • Straitlover1965
    Straitlover1965 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

In the US basically: jelly is made w/ just the juice of the fruit. Jam has the whole fruit in it, pureed up. Preserves/marmalade etc is when it has the chunky fruit in it. Not sure if you use pectin in jam or preserves like you do w/ jelly.