what was your nsv today?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    My husband brought home leftover pizza from work, and I had already eaten my dinner and met my calorie targets, and I didn't eat any, although I was sorely tempted.
  • jessk81
    jessk81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the long intro, I've never posted about my journey before:
    I started my weight loss journey shortly after having my son in Feb 2013. I started at 5'3 175 lbs. Pre-pregnancy I was around 135-140 lbs for years. Initially I had lost 20 lbs in 3 months but was battling postpartum depression and it took over my life. I could never understand depression until I was thrust into the thick of it. I was unable to even leave my house most days and would lay in bed and cry for days and weeks on end, only getting up to do the necessities. This was my second child and I have never experienced anything like this before. I had always been easy going and very social in my life. I knew in my head I was being crazy and could do nothing to stop it. I was at my whits end as was my husband. He had and has been as supportive as humanly possible. So after a year of going back and forth I finally "woke" up. It was as if the haze had lifted. I had been living in yoga pants and t-shirts for the past year so when I finally weighed myself I had ballooned up to 185 lbs. With changing my diet and turning to exercise I have dropped 25 lbs in the last 75 days. My attitude has changed and I am happy again. I am now about 160 lbs give or take and I still have about 30ish lbs to go but today I feel GOOD. I fit into a couple of pre-pregnancy jeans and shorts. Maybe not comfortably but they buttoned. :) And that is a victory for me. ( My profile pic is me at my goal weight.)
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this counts, but I took some progress pictures and was able to see some small changes from the 13 pounds lost between pictures. It pleased me to see the differences because I don't quite feel like anything is changing.

Also, I avoided cupcakes. :)
  • 100toloose
    100toloose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't huge,but I did not overeat today! Lately ,I have problems controlling myself..
    oh... I bought new bras which are a size smaller then I used to have .. Not a bad day!!!
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My husband wanted to go mountain biking tonight. Usually that means a quiet night in a hot bath with my book. I was super excited. When he got home, he asked if I'd drive him to the top of the mountain and pick him up at the bottom. I was slightly disappointed, but agreed.

While he was biking, I drove to the bottom, then jogged the lower trails! I felt awesome after. Finally got to use my trail running shoes for their intended purpose!
  • Gamerchick00
    Gamerchick00 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Today I walked two miles, which is the most I can ever remember. About a month ago my doctor told me about the myfitnesspal app, and my husband and I decided to start walking. We are now walking every day and adding more and more time gradually. In our neighborhood we have a mile long yard sale today, and we have some family friends that live a mile away at the end. We decided to walk over to their house and then walk back. When we got there, they weren't home, so we turned around and came directly back, and I realized with his gps tracker that we had actually walked two miles. An unfreakingbelievable thing for two people who live on video games and barely left the house before except for the grocery store a month ago. We both feel our legs becoming stronger and springier. Not only that, but at the end of our walk we aren't panting. So glad we started all this.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I didn't step on the scale today. Big-time NSV.
  • Red_sparkling_Titania
    Options
    I did 80 Burpees. This 30 day challenge is awesome. You should give it a go. Day 1 you start with five burpees, day 2 ten burpees. Increase by 5 each day but rest every 5th day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!