Is pooping good for you??

Options
2»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hey weird question i know... but we all do it. And im curious to know whether it is good or bad to poop? And how often should a person do so?

:huh:
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I poop all the time :-D

ALL THE TIME? .. See a Dr then
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    i poop in the morning usually twice and once at night, the rest all depends on what i ate, if pork based, poop over and over lol

Is this a serious question? you don't have a choice, the body does it of it's own accord whether you allow it or not.

Sure it's bad for you if you wanna die. If not you need to poop atleast once a day, the processed food has to go somewhere :)
    if you don't you are constipated or have bowel issues or arent eating anything.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Pooping is great for you! As long as you don't have diarrhea (lost of electrolites and dehydration). The cleaner your system the more you poop. Check out babies, they poop almost immediately after eating (clean system). Pooping is our body's way of ridding itself of waste and toxins. A backed up system may reabsorb the toxins. Hope this helps.
    That's correct.
    We were once all babies, and yes they poop after eating. You should be eliminating after each meal you consume, so we should be going 2-3 times a day.

Then there's people who over the years have started to slow down and go once a day, or once every 3-5 days, and think it's normal because "they finally go". They think they've cleaned out their system for the last 3 days. (all 9+ meals have instantly emptied out)

Meanwhile for 3 days, your piping has been backed up, your intestines start to stretch to hold the backlog of waste.
    Once your large intestine is full, then your small intestines get backed up, bacteria start to multiply and set up shop, and your body starts reabsorbing the toxins - Auto-intoxification.

as a life long sufferer of IBS, don't knock the poop chute :) it can be a saviour and your worst enemy

less then once a day is not normal, you should be going atleast once a day otherwise there is something wrong and you should be seeking medical attention. The longest i've gone is 3 days and that wasn't by choice i had a bowel obstruction and it was pure agony was only passing small amounts of liquids was very sick as a result.
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    less then once a day is not normal, you should be going atleast once a day otherwise there is something wrong and you should be seeking medical attention.

No, less than once a day is NOT abnormal! Some people go less often. The important thing to remember is if someone starts going less or more often for THEM. That is a call to the doctor.

But, and just curious here, the OP must be joking.... Who would doubt if pooping is good for you? I don't get it.
  • putnam80
    putnam80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Everyone should be consuming enough water and fiber to go at least once a day, preferably twice.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    QIXiavH.gif
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    QIXiavH.gif

Annoying, zombie-thread resurrection totally worth it, for this gif alone.
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    im pooping as i type this :()
    Way TMI. lol
  • Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    wtf

I shouldn't have looked in here.

:huh: :noway:
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options

I call troll... really funny troll! Did somebody search for "poop"?
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    food should get through you in 24 hours, so you should poop 3 times a day, for meals not snacks, according to what i saw on dr. oz. he said to eat healthy lots of veggies and then itll just shoot through you. haha.

Oh look, a trip down Memory Lane when people still thought Dr. Oz was a serious clinician...........oh wait.

fa782a8b7c1e572ed75a550b4791fcb4.jpg
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options

Yeah...I remember my first time getting drunk and playing internets. Nice 3 year old thread to resurrect. You must have had to do a search for poop. How clever of you.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    Options
    food should get through you in 24 hours, so you should poop 3 times a day, for meals not snacks, according to what i saw on dr. oz. he said to eat healthy lots of veggies and then itll just shoot through you. haha.

Oh look, a trip down Memory Lane when people still thought Dr. Oz was a serious clinician...........oh wait.

Am I the only one who looks at this picture and hears, "I can show you the world" from Aladdin?
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Am I the only one who looks at this picture and hears, "I can show you the world" from Aladdin?

Yes. Yes you are.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    Options

Yes. Yes you are.

10/10 would :angry:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Nothing like a good poop
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    What a crazy random thread necro.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member