6'0 Ladies, ideal weight.

Options
2»

Replies

• AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Also, check out mybodygallery.com -- you can search for height, weight, clothes size, etc. so you can see a really big range of weights for the same height and clothes size.
    Thanks! Will do. 70 kg is but a vague memory...

ETA
    I looked at the photos and I'm speechless. Doesn't happen often. I think the GW is getting cranked up...
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that I'm sort of surprised by some of the numbers (unless you're aiming for a really lean/athletic look or are a big athlete). I say so because I'm 5'9" and I personally look too thin below 155 or so (I'm a size 6 at that point). So, I'd think for 6'+, you'd be looking at bare minimum of 165 or something in the 170s - 180s.

Everyone is so different. If I hit my goal of 170 +/- 5lbs or even 165 - I'll still be a size 14. I can get some 14's on now but they are really tight.
  • saralukies
    saralukies Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' tall, and I am heading towards 175. I find I look thin at that weight, even though it is in the upper range of healthy. I am very large-boned, though. I carry my weight in my butt and legs, so my top half always looks thin first. Just 7 pounds to go!
  • Modern_Warrior
    Options
    Thanks for the replies ladies! I do about 30 minutes of heavy lifting and 30 mins interval running/elliptical x3 a week. But my stomach hangs around, must have to twerk my diet a bit. I think around 170 is perfect for my frame, I was at 189 in November and it started to make me look "thin", so I don't know if i would go much under 170lbs. but thats just me :-)

In for twerking
  • saralukies
    saralukies Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that I'm sort of surprised by some of the numbers (unless you're aiming for a really lean/athletic look or are a big athlete). I say so because I'm 5'9" and I personally look too thin below 155 or so (I'm a size 6 at that point). So, I'd think for 6'+, you'd be looking at bare minimum of 165 or something in the 170s - 180s.

Everyone is so different. If I hit my goal of 170 +/- 5lbs or even 165 - I'll still be a size 14. I can get some 14's on now but they are really tight.

Wow, people really are different! I am into a 12 now, but weigh over 180. I have never worn under a 12, though, even at my lowest weight (around 170).
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Scale numbers are, IMO, not that great of a goal, compared to "I'd like to look like..."
    The link is an example of one of the reasons I say this:
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Staci is 5'4".
    She went from 170 (BMI 29.2) to 117 (BMI 20.1) because she thought being under 120 would be great.
    She got tired of being weak, and started lifting weights and eating more, working up to 131 (BMI 22.5), and then working her way to 142 (BMI 24.4).
    Which version do you think would look best on you?
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options

In US sizes? Or UK sizes?

I'm just shocked. I'm a size 10 (sometimes 12) at 180 and I'm 5'9". For a size 14, I'm 195-200 lbs. Though to be fair I'm sure a 14 looks much smaller/proportional on someone that's 6' rather than three inches shorter at 5'9". So proportionally speaking, your size 14 may be more akin to my size 10.

That's what I really like about mybodygallery. Looking at people my height there seems to be literally a 20-30 lbs difference between people that are a size 8 or 6. Size 6 seems to be 135-160 or so and size 8 seems to be 145-175 for 5'9".
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options

In US sizes? Or UK sizes?

I'm just shocked. I'm a size 10 (sometimes 12) at 180 and I'm 5'9". For a size 14, I'm 195-200 lbs. Though to be fair I'm sure a 14 looks much smaller/proportional on someone that's 6' rather than three inches shorter at 5'9". So proportionally speaking, your size 14 may be more akin to my size 10.

That's what I really like about mybodygallery. Looking at people my height there seems to be literally a 20-30 lbs difference between people that are a size 8 or 6. Size 6 seems to be 135-160 or so and size 8 seems to be 145-175 for 5'9".

US Sizes.

I don't know what the deal is. I'm just big I guess. :sigh: I'm about 185 now and there is no way I could even get a size 12 pulled up, much less buttoned.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Come to think of it, mom is a hair taller than I am but she wears shirt sizes at least a size smaller. Seems her upper body is much smaller compared to mine, so if I were stupid enough to force one of her shirts on me, I'd rip it in the back. Our arms are about the same length though.

Don't forget the posture aspect either, some people have really really bad posture but you might not always see it in photos from a single angle.
  • jeannab13
    jeannab13 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am 5'10" and I guess medium build (My middle finger and thumb touch with a slight overlap - not sure if that is how you measure but is what I have been told before. ) I weigh 189 lbs and am looking at maybe trying to get down to 140 lbs. I wear a size 14 (US sizes) and refuse to go any higher. (I might be happy at 150 - but don't remember weights since college - I was 125 lbs. I am 41 now - so I know I will never be that little again.

Just started this weight loss thing - lost 3 pounds this week. Just hoping I can do it.
  • melissaclaire93
    melissaclaire93 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0 and I am aiming for 160/165. I have a bigger build as well. But, honestly, I am going by how I look and feel. I am ultimatley aiming for fitness and being tone. But I think anywhere between 160-175 is perfectly fine!
  • shaynataggart
    shaynataggart Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Holding steady at 202 lbs now and cannot for the life of me get much below that.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I knew this girl who was 6' and probably 275 pounds. She looked AMAZING. she wasn't fat. Just a very large woman. She was one of the most beautiful women I'd ever seen.
  • ramepithecus
    ramepithecus Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I'm 6'1", currently at 168 and aiming for around 155. The least I've weighed at this height was 128 (not recommended) but I think I was fittest/most athletic at around 148-155. At my current weight I'm a size 12-14 US and I don't think I've ever been less than a 10.

I'm now wondering how much those sizes mean since I've also noticed a general trend for more expensive clothing to make their sizes larger. I presume this is to encourage you to spend more money "oh look! I'm only a size 6!"

I suspect that if I were really into lifting (I'm not) my current weight would be just perfect.