Bizarre Day Yesterday

Options
Yesterday started out great, got up and did my 60 mins on the bike for a 630 calorie burn, felt good.

During the morning I was out visiting clients etc and was getting compliments all over the place, felt even better.

Lunch time came around and I ended up having lunch with my brothers - one from out of town who I hardly get to see, and we went to an all you can eat sushi place.

I love sushi, all of it, and I've been really good, and I haven't had any for months. Going in I wasn't going to have anything tempura, but that didn't happen. I had it and I loved it!

Afterwards, I started to feel guilty, but couldn't wait to plug into MFP to see the real damage that I had done. It wasn't all that bad for the day, but it was bad to what I normally have calorie wise for lunch.

Knowing that I was going to play hockey last night for my second calorie burn for the day, the guilt from lunch went away.

Walked into the dressing room and received more compliments again - felt good again. But then ended up having a few beers after the game and stayed for dinner - I had a club sandwich, with mayo, and a garden salad. Calorie wise it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either - but I enjoyed myself. I have stayed away from the social part of hockey for some time because I dont trust myself yet, especially if chicken wings are involved.

Usually on my weight loss journeys, (and there have been many), I lose some weight, get compliments, feel great, and slip right back to where I started. Right now, I have lost the most weight I think I ever have, and gone past a number that I could never get beyond.

I plugged everything into MFP and I ended up just being under my calorie goal for the day, taking into consideration the double cardio workouts.

Why did I get the most compliments on the day I fell off the most? Why did the compliments allow me to fall off? Am I going down the same road as I've done in the past?

Nope. Back on track. Shakeology for breakfast with a side order of legs and back workout.

Have a great day!

Replies

• materstater
    materstater Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I applaud you working all those things off and staying under your calories. You sound like you have a plan of working hard even if you eat a few not so great things and that is great.

Willpower is hard with me too. I know if I go to mexican I can be good but old habits and cravings get me everytime (queso especially). I keep a picture of myself at biggest weight on fridge and on phone. When I feel like I can be bad I just take a look and decide to make a plan of action-eat healthy or exercise after.

Keep up the good work!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound like you "fell off" at all. You were under AND got to enjoy some of your old habits. Everything in moderation. This is a lifestyle change not a death sentence. :)
  • lillmssy
    Options
    Yesterday started out great, got up and did my 60 mins on the bike for a 630 calorie burn, felt good.

During the morning I was out visiting clients etc and was getting compliments all over the place, felt even better.

Lunch time came around and I ended up having lunch with my brothers - one from out of town who I hardly get to see, and we went to an all you can eat sushi place.

I love sushi, all of it, and I've been really good, and I haven't had any for months. Going in I wasn't going to have anything tempura, but that didn't happen. I had it and I loved it!

Afterwards, I started to feel guilty, but couldn't wait to plug into MFP to see the real damage that I had done. It wasn't all that bad for the day, but it was bad to what I normally have calorie wise for lunch.

Knowing that I was going to play hockey last night for my second calorie burn for the day, the guilt from lunch went away.

Walked into the dressing room and received more compliments again - felt good again. But then ended up having a few beers after the game and stayed for dinner - I had a club sandwich, with mayo, and a garden salad. Calorie wise it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either - but I enjoyed myself. I have stayed away from the social part of hockey for some time because I dont trust myself yet, especially if chicken wings are involved.

Usually on my weight loss journeys, (and there have been many), I lose some weight, get compliments, feel great, and slip right back to where I started. Right now, I have lost the most weight I think I ever have, and gone past a number that I could never get beyond.

I plugged everything into MFP and I ended up just being under my calorie goal for the day, taking into consideration the double cardio workouts.

Why did I get the most compliments on the day I fell off the most? Why did the compliments allow me to fall off? Am I going down the same road as I've done in the past?

Nope. Back on track. Shakeology for breakfast with a side order of legs and back workout.

Have a great day!

Gosh.... when I read the part about your weight loss journey........when your doing really good...you tend to fall off the wagon. I do the same thing.
  • foyboy
    foyboy Posts: 49
    Options
    "This is a lifestyle change not a death sentence. :)"

Great line!

Thanks.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    "This is a lifestyle change not a death sentence. :)"

Great line!

Thanks.

Welcome :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!