Cherry addiction

Options
jakichan
jakichan Posts: 109 Member
Fruits and veggies are a big part of my diet. And they're awesome. But there still can be too much of a good thing.

We're in the middle of cherry season...and they're so good now. And they're down to $3.99/lb. But given that a 2 pound bag isn't lasting 2 days...I think I need to cut back. :)

Replies

• YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Same.
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Are you over on macros? I'm eating a couple cups of them a day right now, its like a quarter of a bag. They're my favorite. In heaven.
  • aligatorwww
    aligatorwww Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    $2.99 here the other day and I know what you mean...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    Lol, there are always people on street corners in my city who sell them for like $5 for 2lbs. YAY!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options

I just paid $5 for organic blueberries. :sad: Now I want organic cherries, too. But crap, I used to spend that on premium ice cream. Yeah, it cost way less per calorie, but I'm still going to try to work more fruits and other luxuries into my budget without running out of food money. I hope.
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options

I just paid $5 for organic blueberries. :sad: Now I want organic cherries, too. But crap, I used to spend that on premium ice cream. Yeah, it cost way less per calorie, but I'm still going to try to work more fruits and other luxuries into my budget without running out of food money. I hope.

Have you ever tasted organic frozen cherries? Earthbound sells them Its like the best "sorbet" ever.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options

Have you ever tasted organic frozen cherries? Earthbound sells them Its like the best "sorbet" ever.
    Ermahgerd! I've always loved frozen grapes...cherries didn't even occur to me! Huzzah!

I too am on a cherry kick...while I wait for peaches. :smile:
  • ClinicalTrial
    ClinicalTrial Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've had exactly 144 cherries since the 23rd of June.

Yeah, insane enough to count. Anyway, love them. :happy:
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options

No, but now I'm going to!
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    lol Glad im not the only one! I been limiting myself to 7 a day but its so hard not to grab one everytime i open the fridge!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    UGH I need to get some! I loooooove cherries!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies are a big part of my diet. And they're awesome. But there still can be too much of a good thing.

We're in the middle of cherry season...and they're so good now. And they're down to $3.99/lb. But given that a 2 pound bag isn't lasting 2 days...I think I need to cut back. :)

I ate a 2# bag in three hours two days ago.

It was delicious, I regret nothing, and I feel so much lighter.
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'm having cherries most days :)
  • krogers810x
    krogers810x Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I picked up two bags for $2.49/# today!

I spent an hour pitting one of the bags with a chopstick and a beer bottle for my bourbon cherry pie for our 4th of July BBQ tomorrow .... and trying not to eat the whole second bag. They're one of my absolutely favorite snacks, and I swear they're extra good this year. Last summer I seemed to get all sour ones.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Oh, I love cherries! Munching fresh off the trees! Nobody else want them, or know about them, or realize how freakin delish they are. Stupid Norwegians. Maybe they just have too much money.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I picked up two bags for $2.49/# today!

I spent an hour pitting one of the bags with a chopstick and a beer bottle for my bourbon cherry pie for our 4th of July BBQ tomorrow .... and trying not to eat the whole second bag. They're one of my absolutely favorite snacks, and I swear they're extra good this year. Last summer I seemed to get all sour ones.
    The chopstick/beer bottle pitter idea is freakin' genius!
  • Censor76
    Censor76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Me toooooo. Can't stop eating them, which I guess is better than chips...
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    I knew a woman named Cherry for a while....
  • panchakshara
    panchakshara Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love mixing them with greek yogurt, ice, and water, for a healthy smoothie. Had one a few hours ago :o)
  • hilaria81
    hilaria81 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My dad and I just went cherry-picking today and picked 8 pounds of cherries each. I see so many cherries in my future! (I also ate 3 while picking them...and logged them on MFP.) :-D