A Loss is a Loss Right

Options
So from last Monday until last Friday, I lost 6 lbs.
From then until today, I've lost a pound.

Now my diet has been horrible, and I'll be the first to admit it, but I'm kinda stoked over the one pound loss.

Replies

• staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    They say the first loss will be big due to water weight then the amount goes down so i wouldn't worry to much x i only lost 1lb on my first week this is my second week due my second week weigh in tomo :-)
  • StaceG1986
    Options
    Yes, a loss is a loss. 1 lb is better than nothing. You will have fluctuations in how much you lose, you can't expect to lose 6 lbs every week, and it's not really healthy either to lose it that quick (well, depending on how much you have to lose to begin with)
  • cakeyrach
    Options
    Ok, 1lb doesn't seem a lot when you had such a big drop in week 1 but you'd be mortified if you'd put a 1lb on. If you think it's insignificant, go and find 2 x 1/2 lb packs of butter or similar and just hold it, 1lb is quite a lot really and that will be 1lb of fat that you've gotten rid of. I was always told that you should only weigh yourself once a week on the same day as your weight can fluctuate day to day. Hope this helps, keep up the good work I know how hard it is!
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    Don't get me wrong. I understand the weight loss and weighing. I'm happy cause I've eaten crap (by crap I mean bad foods) 3 times this week and still lost a pound, for that, I'm excited.

However I'm a little worried. A friend got me to try pre-work out supplements before my workouts, and I think I'm fiixng to lay off of them to see if I can do the workouts I normally do without the additional boost. Which if I can I can, if not, I'll give it what I got and roll with it and take as much time as I need to complete the workout.
  • missxena
    Options
    i welcome any loss, in the past i would be demotivated if stayed the same or gained but not this time around i am in this for the long haul, i realize now after many failed diets that this is a life style change and i welcome it
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I have found if you measure yourself too that helps, the scales can show a small amount lost, but if you are losing inches in all the right places too then don't worry about the figures.

1lb loss is great, it proves what you are doing is working :-)

Ben.
  • lmvolk
    lmvolk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Because I am close to my goal weight, I can only lose about 1/2 to 1 lb a week. With normal fluctuations I can hardly tell if I'm up or down. My weight has varied by 5 lbs or more just this week alone by daily weigh-ins. I would like to stay off the scale but it is addictive.
  • carolinegeorgia
    Options
    if u lose 1lb a week for 3 months thats about 12lbs, how would u feel if u put that on?? well done :)