Runners? And/or slow weight loss people

Options

Replies

• bidimus
    bidimus Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    P.S. Everyone who claims to be "slow runners" or "joggers" are in fact "runners." With mileage and time you will speed up but speed has nothing to do with how or when you're allowed to call yourself a runner. Be kinder to yourself!
    So true! As a turtle myself, there is so much more to running than how fast you're going. Enjoy the journey.
  • hipyogacat
    hipyogacat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I jog 3-4x per week and eat a net of approx. 1500 calories per day.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    I'll add you too! I just started running... I don't eat as much a lot of days but that's because I like to stuff my face every once in while - so I use those calories later. Going for an average around 1400 net. Close enough?
  • LynneW1983
    LynneW1983 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Add me, I have completed c25k a few months ago. Started back at end of week 5 as I want to go onto 10k app I also can't survive on 1000 calories. Currently eating 1750.
  • EmmaNilsson77
    EmmaNilsson77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Been running for a year and a half, definitely started out as that very slow runner! I'm running a bit faster and a lot longer now, but it's all hard won training. :D
  • heel_striker
    heel_striker Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to add me. Been running for 4 years and am starting to train for my second half marathon shortly. I eat back all my exercise calories so I generally eat between 1500-2500 a day depending on how long/intense my runs have been.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I'm not exactly a runner. I've completed two 5k's, the first one because I just wanted to see if I could do it (I was over 400 lbs) and the second one in memory of my cousin. I plan on taking part in more of them because they were fun and motivating. I walk when I can't go to the gym, and I'll jog in spurts lol, but until I lose more weight that's the most I can do. I started trying to lose weight around 6 years ago...gave up over and over.. it's only been the last year that I actually tried and have stuck to it, and am down 70 lbs so far. Also, I eat between 1500 and 2400 cals a day depending on my activity and how hungry I am. You can add me if you want. My diary is open but might not be the best thing to model after lol. I had six mini powdered donuts and three slices of bacon for breakfast :laugh:
  • kaliwags
    kaliwags Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the replies, I have added everyone (I hope!! Please add me if any of them went wrong), it's great to see such a range of runners, really looking forward to us motivating each other.

And I will follow the advice, I RUN, not jog :laugh:

There's definitely bad food in my diary sometimes, I was so addicted to junk and treats before though so I promise it's an improvement.
  • marcellomoo
    marcellomoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You can add me :) I only started running about a month ago and eat around 1400-1900.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Hi. I run mostly in the summer so this is my favorite season
    I just did an 8 mile run for charity. I average about 2000 calories a day and aiming for 1/2 pound per week.
  • NOMORECARS
    NOMORECARS Posts: 156
    Options
    I eat 4000 calories per day and I don't understand why so many people are starving themselves. I eat anything I want, as much as I want and feel great. I don't use cars and don't own a television.
  • bukowski_shine
    bukowski_shine Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi I have also started running. Add me too :)

Let's reach our goals together.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Hi... it was so GREAT to see your post.
    I can't starve myself either.
    I wrote this post just a few days ago

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1341254-not-new-but-enjoying-the-journey-and-not-starving-myself

I just started running too!

Feel free to add me.

"Slow and Steady" :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • ChrisUK70
    ChrisUK70 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's crazy hot! And I thought jogging in London summer was hard!

I have no idea how to add friends on endomondo, I'm very new to it, but will have a look now, that would be great.

I think the only hard thing about it is dodging all the tourists, not that I run but I walk along south bank on the way to work and even walking I have to dodge loads of groups of tourists.

Maybe I could try jogging one lunch time but I will wait till after summer?

Where did you get a target of a 1000 calories that seems awfully low?

Not that I am a runner but feel free to add me.
  • colleenmconnor
    Options
    I'm trying to do the whole slow-and-steady/ maintainable habits for the rest of my life thing.
    We got this!
    :)
  • bidimus
    bidimus Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to do the whole slow-and-steady/ maintainable habits for the rest of my life thing.
    We got this!
    :)

Maintainable is the key word. Nicely said.
  • Biggirllittledreams
    Biggirllittledreams Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I ADORE running! :)
  • emcgehee1
    emcgehee1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Plz add me. I recently started the cough to 5k app program in attempt to get back into running. It was my workout of choice in college and law school and the only thing that kept my weight in check but after I started my career I stopped and the weight started to creep on. I don't "diet" so I'm eating 1500 - 2000 calories a day and trying to make up for it with exercise. If I lose half a pound a week I'll be thrilled!
  • AdventureVix
    AdventureVix Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey :) feel free to add me. I'm on week 4 of c25k, loving it! I eat anywhere between 1500 and 1800 kcal. I've got around 30lbs to go so will be at this for a while! Main goal is to finish a 5k in under 30mins :)
  • graci0221
    graci0221 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I don't run much and I would love to run, but I feel like I am too heavy to run right now. I can run for a few minutes and then I have to stop. Eventually I want to run for a long period of time. Someday i will get there!