Has anyone tried a water fast?

Options
2»

Replies

• earthboundmisfit
    earthboundmisfit Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I tried a water fast and it did not help for weight loss. I just made me feel extremely depressed.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I don't think she ragequit, I am wondering if troll...come here, post this and since it didn't blow up like most of them do...

If she wanted it to blow up, she should have asked if lemon water counts as water during her water fast. BOOM!!! See what I mean.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Do your lungs need a break from breathing? Does your heart need a break from beating? Why would your digestive system need a break?
    All you are doing is bringing extra stress to your body, and flushing out minerals and salt.
    You can die from too much water.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I don't think she ragequit, I am wondering if troll...come here, post this and since it didn't blow up like most of them do...

I wonder the same thing since the idea of a 7 day water fast is so absurd.
  • brennenjones
    brennenjones Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Here's my serious advice:

2. Drinking nothing but water for a week is not healthy or sustainable, and as such, it violates the terms of service of these forums. MFP does not promote unhealthy habits or gimmicks. This thread will probably be locked and deleted within a day.

3. Kickstarting your weight loss is as simple as eating less food.

Good luck on your journey to better health. :flowerforyou:

I concur with this post! All valid points and to be honest all of the advice you'd need to follow to lose weight. Throw in some exercise and you're good to go. It really is as simple as that. And weigh yourself daily to help keep you motivated and see if what you're doing is working or not so that you can sustain the efforts that you are doing.

It's an awesome feeling to step on scale and see .4, .3, .2 daily pound drops and know that MFP works if you follow their plan based on your settings.

I'm sure that you will do well and you absolutely DO NOT NEED to go on a water diet to achieve your goals. Just be patient, set realistic goals, and make sure you log your food and exercise daily on MFP.