Starting again for the last time

Options
Just to say after MANY ups and down I have reset and started fresh this morning. I just wanted to let those know that may be struggling as I have many times that it doesn't matter how many times you fall, it's how many times you get up again. This is it for me now. Success is on the horizon. Happy Tuesday all.xxxx

Replies

• joeyrebecca
    joeyrebecca Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love the title you used and I am feeling the same way today! What are your goals?
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I restarted in June and am feeling successful, healthier. Glad you're getting up again!
  • velocity60
    velocity60 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    love that quote as well here we are with a glorious new month ahead of us, today anything is possible, Happy New Year, July style !!:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • pratikp
    pratikp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thats great!, ive just restarted today, getting up again, best of luck we can do it!
  • Loralailee
    Options
    Hi. I want to loose just over 3 stone which is a long way to go but I'm so determined to succeed this time. xxx
  • sueiam1251
    sueiam1251 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Like you, I am starting again and am determined to follow through this time. I believe that a positive attitude and determination to succeed, is as important as eating well and exercising. Good luck to us all.
  • HolyMackarel
    HolyMackarel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspirational message! I just started, and staying within the calorie recommendation is HARD! I started two and a half years ago and managed to lose quite a bit in the first year and a half, but for the past year, I've started to gain again. So, I am trying to get back on the wagon, and it's a struggle every day. Not successful so far, but your message is full of encouragement!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    For everyone struggling, what is going to be done differently on this reset?
    What eating habits will change?
    Is exercising being incorporated also?
  • Red_sparkling_Titania
    Options
    We all fear failure, not being the best, or losing - but most of the time what we FAIL is to see all the beauty and opportunity hidden inside our mistakes. We don't grow from perfection we grow from our struggles ????
  • flow2512
    flow2512 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Just to say after MANY ups and down I have reset and started fresh this morning. I just wanted to let those know that may be struggling as I have many times that it doesn't matter how many times you fall, it's how many times you get up again. This is it for me now. Success is on the horizon. Happy Tuesday all.xxxx

Just to let you know, this was me 2 years ago and as of yesterday I have lost 79 lbs to reach my goal. It can be done, I found that I just had to put myself first for a change, I made goals along the way and I wrote in a writing book, one side was WHT I ate, calories and exercise and on the opposite side was how I was feeling, about life, family, anyone that had said words of wisdom, or the ones that just said, ". You were on a diet last year as well " and it felt good to rant in writing.

I still fill in this book, but now it's mostly compliments that p,epode are giving me, or telling me that I have lost enough weight, etc.

You get stuck in and take one day at a time, and it definetly will be the last time you weigh what you do.

Good luck, I will look forward to reading your success story in the near future x
  • flow2512
    flow2512 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspirational message! I just started, and staying within the calorie recommendation is HARD! I started two and a half years ago and managed to lose quite a bit in the first year and a half, but for the past year, I've started to gain again. So, I am trying to get back on the wagon, and it's a struggle every day. Not successful so far, but your message is full of encouragement!

It is hard, when I started, I had a lot (to me) to lose, so I lost 20 lbs then tried to maintain at that for a few weeks, the lost another 20 and so on, most of the time I managed within a few pounds, but this last six months, I've changed in my mind set, and if someone said to me, we are going for burger and fries... I work out what I can have, then end up thinking, it is a waste of calories to eat something like that, and will still end up hungry afterwards, so I try and do 'either' 'or' when going out, I will have either the fries with a ham slad or the burger and salad say, not have both. And this has worked for me.

Good luck
  • pratikp
    pratikp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ive got 3 stone to lose too, very motivated this time, hope to learn from past mistakes
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Good luck and stay strong !
  • HolyMackarel
    HolyMackarel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • lluvyblu
    lluvyblu Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm also starting a "reboot". I started a new job about 8 months ago and told myself it was fine to "let go" and focus on my job. Terrible idea. Well time to get back at it.