Anyone In Ohio?

Options
I'm in Cleveland & I'm curious to how many of you are in Ohio (or close me )and if you take part in any fitness classes around your home town besides the gym. I'm looking to branch out and possibly get my feet wet around the community. I've been on this journey for almost 2 years and I would like physical motivation sometimes. So let me know. Thanks =]

Replies

• jackjb2
    jackjb2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Canal Fulton here--belong to a local gym open 24 hrs luv it. Also do cycling on the canal towpath. Add me if you like.:smile:
  • YellowBrickRoad11
    YellowBrickRoad11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm from the west side of Cleveland, but am currently living out-of-state for grad school. When back home, I enjoy going for a walk or jog down in the Metroparks, mostly Rocky River Reservation, or walk down to Lake Erie. There are many great yoga studios around town too. If you happen to live in a suburb, they tend to have a wide variety of fitness classes offered at the local recreation centers. The non-member rates can be a little steep though.
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Cleveland native here. While I don't really get into any of the community fitness stuff, just wanted to come by and show dat 216 pride! hahaha.
  • YolandaSaez
    Options
    Haha, You guys are amazing :)
    Thanks!
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Macedonia here!!! I work out at home so can't help much, but just wanted to say hi :smile:
  • whitelung18
    Options
    Hey there! I'm in Cincinnati, so I'm not really close at all, but I felt compelled to say hello :)
  • PaulaKac
    PaulaKac Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Northwest Ohio here :-)
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Alliance (by Canton) here
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    In Ohio but the opposite corner... Just a little south of Dayton
  • debbyc1970
    debbyc1970 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just saying hi! I'm in Cincinnati so not close.
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    From Akron living in the Ravenna/black horse area. I have a gym by my house but its 30$ and we just bought this house. So I have yet to join. So instead i walk around my neighborhood and do YouTube videos lol
  • SamLD88
    SamLD88 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm in Dayton, but originally from Rochester, NY. I love hiking our local Metroparks here!
  • ChangeYourPace
    ChangeYourPace Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Youngstown area here and like others, mostly workout at home.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Me! Northeast Ohio. :smile:

I like to run on the amazing trails but I'm dealing with an injury now. I do strength/weights at home.
  • ChangeYourPace
    ChangeYourPace Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Me! Northeast Ohio. :smile:

I like to run on the amazing trails but I'm dealing with an injury now. I do strength/weights at home.

The MetroParks Trails are great if you have easy access.
  • twrobbel
    twrobbel Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    North Ridgeville here!

I belong to Lifeworks in Middleburg Heights- tons of free classes included in membership. Additionally I walk the metroparks, just started doing "fun" 5k's and I have on my list to attend some outdoor yoga. There is a yoga/music party in Lincoln Park in Tremont- I think weekly. The metroparks took over one of the beaches, and every Thursday they have live bands. I have seen free yoga sessions listed on the schedule. Whipps Ledges in Hinkley have some great rocks/cliffs to climb around on. There are many meet ups in the area that do fitness things- biking, yoga, running etc...
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Lakewood OH here. I don't really get into fitness classes and kinda do my own thing at home, or out doors.
  • watch_me_shinexo
    Options
    Parma, ohio here :) add me if you'd like!
  • penguin0371
    penguin0371 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cleveland here, too....
  • Sara45431
    Sara45431 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in Dayton area.