Venting

Options

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Like someone else said to see form, or even to learn a new workout. I didn't know that I could use a machine in a certain way until I saw someone else using it in a manner I was not familiar. When I saw her using it in an unfamiliar way, I watched just enough to learn. After I was done with my equipment and that piece of equipment was free, I then went and used that equipment again but the way i just learned by watching her.

That's a good point. I did the same thing, but I tried not to make it obvious. The problem that women at my gym have been complaining about is the dead in the eyes locked stare for a good 20-30 seconds type of stuff. Maybe it is a Detroit thing? I have never encountered this anywhere else or been to a gym where they put up signs about it. Lol, so crazy.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I watch people. People watch me. It's that whole social creature thing that most of humanity has going on.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    but do they have nice pecs and glutes?
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I watch people. People watch me. It's that whole social creature thing that most of humanity has going on.

You should really put your shirt back on. *eyes locked stare for a good 20-30 seconds*
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options

I will openly admit that I look at male and female eye candy at the gym. I just make sure not to get caught. :smile:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options

You should really put your shirt back on. *eyes locked stare for a good 20-30 seconds*

:laugh:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

Stap!!!! I feel dirty
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options

Stap!!!! I feel dirty

:devil:
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I look at people...hard not to go into a place full of people and not look at them. Sometimes it is entertaining, I like to people watch, no shame in it. I watch people, people watch me...workout alone in your basement if you don't like it.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Why does it bother you if people stare it's not such a big deal haha but it's probably nothing negative, I do see it being annoying if someone asks you to help them or something though

Does not annoy me at all. It means they want to improve

It doesn't annoy you but you felt the need to vent about it? :huh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm far more curious about the real motives behind threads like these than I am about people in the gym.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Maybe you dripped tooth paste on your pants?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I'm far more curious about the real motives behind threads like these than I am about people in the gym.

Don't look at me! but..really. Look at me!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I do see it being annoying if someone asks you to help them or something though
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Some stare into space maybe but some stare and when you look at them they turn away or keep staring.

In all honesty, I sometimes stare at others. It is out of no judgement what so ever. I often forget my music so I can get a little bored if I am on a stair machine or bike. Sometimes to keep myself from looking at the timer/clock incessantly, I will find something to focus on other than my exercise...ie I might say I will look at the timer after 4 more people have entered the gym....it is silly. Sometimes I will watch someone's workout and try to guess what they are going to do next. It is not out of judgement at all..just keeping my mind busy.
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options

ha! reminds me of the time that i closed the back hatch on my car and some of the ice/snow drippings splashed on the crotchetal region of my tight black gym pants. yeah...salt from the roads = those splashes dried white, yo.

took me a while to figure out why all the stares...worst part was, my kid's nursery school teacher saw them first, as I was headed to the gym after dropping her off :ohwell:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    I do see it being annoying if someone asks you to help them or something though

I don't mind that. I stayed at the gym for an extra half hour the other day because this woman had a million questions after watching me squat, and I would rather explain the process to her than have her injure herself. I enjoy seeing people who are curious and genuinely interested in getting fit the right way. I also remember how nice people were to me when I started and had questions. I like to pay it forward.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options

Oh you! :laugh:
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    This pretty much. I mostly train at home so when I go to a gym I stare like a kid at the circus. People stare at me too. It's all good.
  • RobertHButler
    Options
    Your shorts are too short and things are falling out!