Don't give up!

Options
ScottH_200
ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
A little over 8 mos I was so fat and out of shape I could hardly push a cart through the grocery store without my back and knees killing me. I was so sick of being like that.

Today I'm down 88 lbs (47 lbs to goal) and am getting back into shape...

I love to walk, hike & ride bike, something I couldn't do much of the last few years. I started walking some as the weight began to come off. 1 mile here, 2 miles there, increasing with consistency as every month has passed.

This morning I walked 8.13 miles without stopping, and most importantly, without pain.

There is hope if you're struggling. Plan the work and work the plan. Don't make excuses for why you can't and be determined that no matter where you are on this journey, YOU CAN!

Replies

• jrek521
    jrek521 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! Congratulations on your success.
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! Congratulations on your success.

You're welcome.
  • londette
    londette Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wonderful message! Congratulations on losing 88 lbs. that's amazing!!
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Wonderful message! Congratulations on losing 88 lbs. that's amazing!!

88 lbs is a lot for sure. I had a hotel host tell me the other day, "you've lost like 10 babies!" lol
  • londette
    londette Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    LOL! That's a great way to look at it!!
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Great progress!
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Thanks!
  • turtlebeth
    turtlebeth Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement Scott. Some of us have a really long way to go. It's great to see that others have done it. Good on you!
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement Scott. Some of us have a really long way to go. It's great to see that others have done it. Good on you!

You're welcome. I remember how I felt 8 months ago. It seemed overwhelming that I could lose 100 lbs. However, it can be done. You can do it!
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Fab job
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    You've got such a great attitude! Good job on your to-date loss; I have no problems believing that you will reach your ultimate goal.
  • skinnyb05
    skinnyb05 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is awesome! Great inspiration for starting and sticking to a fitness program, you rock!
  • deemszmli
    deemszmli Posts: 15
    Options
    Great progress!Congratulations on your success.I think I should make some feasible plan for me
  • fitbilldc
    fitbilldc Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm walking down the same road...see you at the finish line...
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Great progress!Congratulations on your success.I think I should make some feasible plan for me

My plan has been quite simple. Eat whatever I want so long as it's within my daily caloric budget...

No, I don't eat hamburgers and donuts every day, occasionally I do though.

Mix in some exercise for fitness and the results are predictable ;-)
  • Sierra_christine89
    Sierra_christine89 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Super encouraging!! keep up the good work!!
  • nonacgp
    nonacgp Posts: 132
    Options
    With an attitude like yours, I'm not surprised you have been successful. Congrats to you and most of all, thanks for being so thoughtful and kind enough to share your inspiration with us. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!