High Protein, low carb, low fat foods

Options
13»

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Think lean meats. Grilled skinless boneless chicken breast is my go-to meal when I need a protein boost. If you are looking for something more snack-ready, try canned white albacore tuna in water (just eat it right out of the can).

yes, I buy trader joe's "just lightly seasoned chichken breast" (i dont cook, I know) and it's 5 servings with total of 88 grams of proteins and 550 calories. I snack on them during the day and keep me full until dinner.
  • albayin
    Options
    believe or not some veggies have relatively higher protein content as well, such as brussel sprouts, and broccolli.
  • kmh0617
    kmh0617 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Chocolate brownie Quest bars! Heat for ten seconds in microwave, push some almonds into the top. OMG! So good. They can be bought at GNC and Amazon in many varieties.
  • albayin
    Options
    I am not a fan of cottage cheese either (I have texture issues) but a friend convinced me to put it in the blender with plain yogurt (equal amounts of each) throw in some strawberries and sweeten it with a little stevia to taste. It tastes like strawberry cheese cake and helps add protein into your diet. It really is delicious.

man....I need to try this out myself...

I learned to mix some chopped fruits in like melon, berries, and mangos...
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of wild game and fish for this purpose and use a protein supplement.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Boneless, skinless chicken breast usually gives about 20+ grams of protein per 4 ounces. Thatgirlkelli named plenty of others but for the eggs you'd have to have egg whites for low fat because whole eggs provide more fat than you think. It's all good though of course...

I don't like Chicken but I eat turkey most nights and have eggs in the morning (whole ones), plus the greek yoghart and beans (kidney, butter, cannilli) and still not hitting anywhere near. :(

I eat a lot of shrimp - low in fat - super high in protein, and organic mung bean fettucine - over 20+g protein per serving and very low fat...tons of fiber, too. google it...I make spaghetti sauce for it.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Liver sausage has protein, but it has fat in it. :(

Otherwise, I got zip. I'm another with tuna, fat-free cottage cheese and lean, white meat.

I liked the "Grilled and Ready" chicken, too. So convenient! Gotta give it up, though. Damn sodium.

I REALLY wish they'd make more food without the salt. People can add their own salt, if they want. :(
  • DanceswithWow
    Options
    Hello My name is

Dances with Wow..

I read all the suggestions for protein... was very amazed by conventional range of suggestions..

It would seem that the entire sphere of proteins all three levels would make you want to jump at the chance to
    encourage healthy hormones ...The choices given are all selections which limit your bodies full potential of deweaponizing unwanted body fat.

Its lipolytic enzymes that have to managed..with proteins..Its creating a learning relationship with all three of the fat loss systems that speeds up metabolism ..proteins repair & rebuilds muscle after weight training.. Cardio circulates hormones nutrients and oxygen, but its protein that keeps the heart beating, proteins propel your wake sleep cycle..an how food is processed.

What I am saying is..until these three protein drivers get paid their due.. the sources thus far suggested will not satisfy demand..

There are three proteins categories

<b>whole food proteins</b>.. any thing that had a heart beat, supported a blood supply, and fueled a pulse

<b>Adjunct proteins</b> - behave like whole food has similar properties but the what binds them is fragile easily cleaved by digestion

<b>substrate proteins </b>- these are mediocre mimic's of adjunct or whole food.proteins. they can only step in to assist or hold the door open..for the other two to come in to do their job..

So when you ask for greater protein choices..under your criteria .. you have to use the entire galaxy.
    here is the list of whole food protein sources I use to help goose metabolism into full gear as well as prime an entire operating systems life force..

Whole eggs and egg in a pourable..carton.. when combined these the taste is extraordinary...add in shrimp and veges..

scrambled, poached, omelets, soup, and hard boiled widens this foods range..never worry about the fat or cholesterol as most people never go through an entire carton of eggs in a day much less an entire week. if theres a heart history legacy in your family 2 whites one yolk

You like turkey but the the next order of magnitude is a partridge, quail, duck, pheasant, squab or game hens
    all in your grocers frezer just ask or order it..

We can talk about cost later.
    My favorite is ostrich which is much tastier than chicken with a protein profile that blows away most other sources

after this we move up in the whole food protein category these are denser and offer superb metabolic spark..

Elk, buffalo or bison, deer, wild boar...

after this comes your fishes

Salmon and sardines top the list because of the omega three fatty acids.. these cold water fish are a hormone super food super fuel. having them in your food energy plan will make your lipolytic enzymes become thorough bred race horses that populate your blood stream with a powerful fat fighting force you will fall in love with.

To max out and take it up your fat fighting notch you can turn lipolytic enzymes into super sonic jets.. the focus would be to combine any three of these protein categories..

such that a cocktail of protein the body can cherry pic and select what it needs how much it needs and when..

You will never have to worry about calories as your protein number determines portion size. with all three tied to how your metabolism needs to run and will want to run..

Thus you wont be getting in the way of how your entire anatomy combined was intended and preformatted to operate..

Knowing these three categories stops you from creating protein in-breeding and adds variety

And as you all know variety prevents stalls and plateaus even dietary nutritional ones..

My name is Dances with Wow

dont just settle for living life limited.. tap Life force. and say bye bye to unwanted body fat -- At Will

This protein cocktail concept works also with adjunct proteins..

it is not as effective with substrate proteins.. unless its in a smoothie ..

every smoothie recipe I have seen so far on MFP have absolute weaknesses to the end user trying to loose unwanted body fat..

as they destroy the substrate intended to be used as a resource protein
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    A lot of the protein bars are good for a snack. I can find the Kind bars that have 10 grams of protein, 13 carbs, 14 fat. Also, spread your protein out. Chicken is really good, remember dark has a little more fat in it. Quinoa is a good option for protein and you can add to it (it is like rice or pasta but more protein) spice it up add veggies or chicken. It is pretty versatile. It can also be used for breakfast, just add some berries or other fruit.

She wants low carb and protein bars are a poor choice for that. Even the ones regarded as the lowest carb and highest quality (Quest bars) have about 25-27g of carbs per bar! I do love them myself but dislike that the carb content is so high.