Shakeology .. Isagenix .. Body by Vi .. Thoughts please

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,707 Member
    Options
    other words, you cut calories. .... It still comes down to calorie deficit for weight loss.

Damn, you must be some kind of freaking genius to figure that out. Why didnt I just come to you first before I started tracking everything I ate, changed my diet, began running, and built up to 70 - 90 miles a week? When all that time, you had the magic solution - calorie deficit. WOW, I feel so enlightened.

Sarcasm aside, Shakeology isnt for everyone. It's a meal replacement shake, and an expensive one at that. You can save $20 per bag by purchasing off ebay instead of going through the bb website and coach. The suggestion that a multivitamin could replace shakeology is ridiculous. Talk to those who replaced 1 meal a day for months, and I would imagine a majority of us would recommend it. At the end of the day, I am down 83 pounds, and have ran 2 marathons. And I dont regret $1 I spent on shakeology.
    Quite honestly, you'd be shocked at how many people don't realize it's calorie deficit. Pills, shakes, quick loss diets, cleanses, strategic eating (paleo, Atkins, etc.) are just some of the "magic solutions" that people attribute to success. But all that aside, none of them work without a calorie deficit. Trump that, and they are just expensive programs.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MyFoodGod
    MyFoodGod Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Most people like to chew their food. There is no shortcut for loosing a lot of weight and keeping it off / for years not weeks or months.
  • Clay_Sh
    Options
    Hire a trainer or nutritionist with credible certifications. Don't go anywhere near plans like Isagenix, they are nothing more than starvation combined with diuretics and laxatives, sold by individuals with no qualifications out of their basements.

Losing 10-20 pounds of water, poo and muscle mass is not weight loss....just a path to destroying your metabolism in the long haul.
  • My3sunshines1798
    Options
    There are a lot of people making negative comments on here that just aren't true . I did isagenix and it was an amazing program for myself and a lot of my coworkers were doing it to . No one put the weight back on and the products were dr approved by my dr and two of my coworkers physicians . The ingredients are healthy I researched for quite sometime the ingredients are very good for your body actually and do in fact according the a nutritionist my dr reccomended I review any program with , contain better well rounded nutrition then you would eat. 3 normal healthy meals. It's also not true that you don't eat . Not only do you eat 1 large normal sized meal , you also eat two smaller meals with recommended daily meal snack calories between shakes . For example I would do a morning shake then after have a 9" egg white omelette loaded with veggies , then shake at lunch followed by a stuffed large green pepper or grilled chicken salad or half can of tuna salad with mixed green salad . And dinner would be any number of meals with fish chicken turkey lean pork and healthy vegetables healthy pastas rices or beans . Meatloaf , stir fry . I can go on and on . The supplements made me feel great and none of Negative things said here . I did have much more energy to play with my kids and that's just the facts. I think people who have done the programs or reviewed the product contents should be only ones commenting . . And on the contrary to done comments I learned how to cook all different healthy foods and what their nutritional value was because I did this program . I lost weight became more active and feel healthier them ever since continuing my healthy lifestyle .
  • Pbilly1313
    Options
    It's amazing how much misinformation is being dragged into this thread. Having never tried Isogenix, I can't say if it's good or bad. However, My wife and I both started Shakeology 9 months ago and have both lost weight and kept it off. I lost 26 lbs and my wife lost 30. Shakeology is not loaded with sugar or artificial anything. To my knowledge it will not give you bad skin or make your hair fall out. It is however the only product of its kind on the market to have been clinically proven to help with weight loss, lower blood sugar and Cholesterol. My Coach does not push it on me nor does she try to force me into the MLM portion of the business. That being said, most people who scoff at MLM's usually trued and failed because they thought it was a winning lottery ticket, you just sit back and the money rolls in. That just doesn't happen!! Anyway, whatever you choose, drinking a sugared watered down version of either shakeology or isogenix is the real waste of money, drinking egg whites is disgusting and just not a good idea. Healthy eating and exercise is the first and best step towards a new and better you.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    All of the mentioned take advantage of people who are unknowledgeable about nutrition, weight loss and MLM's. Lots of people are fooled into these programs due to the great sales pitches and desperation of people who have a hard time losing because they don't want to change how they eat.

^^^This...
  • Pbilly1313
    Options
    Please explain how they take advantage of you? If you mean by motivating you to be healthy and stronger then sure!! Obviously you've had some experience with MLM's in the past, what's your story? I am interested in knowing.
  • J72FIT
    Options
    Again, most people are "sold" on what sales people are telling them that "sounds" logical. But that's their jobs..........to entice you into

+1
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i haven't tried them, and it's worked wonders for me.
  • J72FIT
    Options
    Please explain how they take advantage of you?

By selling an overpriced protein shake...
  • J72FIT
    Options
    The suggestion that a multivitamin could replace shakeology is ridiculous.

You're right. A good multi-vitamin is better then Shakeology...
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    Okay, I do Isagenix on and off now. Before any one bites my head off, hear me out. IT DOES NOT WORK FOR EVERYONE! Isagenix doesn't make everyone a millionaire like they quote and yes, you can believe whatever you want to. I was always hesitant of 'wasting' my money on something I thought wasnt going to work. HOWEVER, my friend lost over 200 pounds on Isagenix, and yes, she sold it too, and worked out, but I SAW the change before my eyes. That's how come I made my decision when I started my weight loss journey to do Isagenix. It kick started my weight loss and I am grateful it, and I still do it now, but I get tired of drinking my meals, so I switch on and off. IT IS EXPENSIVE SO THINK BEFORE YOU WANT TO INVEST IN BUYING THE PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!
    I do have to admit, it is all natural and organic which I like, and it doesn't taste horrible like other shakes I've done in the past.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I used Body by Vi a few years ago. My aunt was starting to sell it, so I thought I'd try it. I still have the occasional shake because I like them and I like their other products too. I'm lactose intolerant, and my body can't handle the whey proteins in most protein shakes - Visalus' shakes, while not as high in protein, are lactose free (the other products are not).

But I didn't use this product thinking weight was going to magically melt off of me. I knew I'd have to still put in work to lose weight. I stopped having them every day because I wanted to work toward having actual meals that were healthy and not in a cup :smile:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how much misinformation is being dragged into this thread. Having never tried Isogenix, I can't say if it's good or bad. However, My wife and I both started Shakeology 9 months ago and have both lost weight and kept it off. I lost 26 lbs and my wife lost 30. Shakeology is not loaded with sugar or artificial anything. To my knowledge it will not give you bad skin or make your hair fall out. It is however the only product of its kind on the market to have been clinically proven to help with weight loss, lower blood sugar and Cholesterol. My Coach does not push it on me nor does she try to force me into the MLM portion of the business. That being said, most people who scoff at MLM's usually trued and failed because they thought it was a winning lottery ticket, you just sit back and the money rolls in. That just doesn't happen!! Anyway, whatever you choose, drinking a sugared watered down version of either shakeology or isogenix is the real waste of money, drinking egg whites is disgusting and just not a good idea. Healthy eating and exercise is the first and best step towards a new and better you.
    Clinically proven, eh? Funny, I have yet to actually find any peer reviewed, scientific studies that prove ANY of those claims you just made. So would you care to share them with me?
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    It is however the only product of its kind on the market to have been clinically proven to help with weight loss, lower blood sugar and Cholesterol.
    Would love to see the clinical study. Oh wait, it's Medicus Research. Why not a peer reviewed?

This is an excerpt from Medicus Research:http://www.medicusresearch.com/clinical-trials-will-the-wrong-trial-design-make-your-dietary-supplement-or-functional-food-an-unregistered-drug/

Jay Udani, M.D.

Designing clinical trials for natural health products, including dietary supplements and functional foods, is a balancing act. It requires knowledge of basic science, pathophysiology (the functional changes associated with a disease or injury), good clinical practice (GCP), clinical medicine, regulatory affairs, and even marketing. In order to maximize the likelihood of success, a good clinical trial design will take all these into account.

If a study is successful, it can yield significant returns on investment for a company. The payoffs of a successful study can include health claims substantiation, use in scientific conference presentations, and publication in peer-reviewed medical journals and company press releases—all resulting in increased sales and distribution.

So the study is specifically designed to enhance the outcome?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Okay, I do Isagenix on and off now. Before any one bites my head off, hear me out. IT DOES NOT WORK FOR EVERYONE! Isagenix doesn't make everyone a millionaire like they quote and yes, you can believe whatever you want to. I was always hesitant of 'wasting' my money on something I thought wasnt going to work. HOWEVER, my friend lost over 200 pounds on Isagenix, and yes, she sold it too, and worked out, but I SAW the change before my eyes. That's how come I made my decision when I started my weight loss journey to do Isagenix. It kick started my weight loss and I am grateful it, and I still do it now, but I get tired of drinking my meals, so I switch on and off. IT IS EXPENSIVE SO THINK BEFORE YOU WANT TO INVEST IN BUYING THE PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!
    I do have to admit, it is all natural and organic which I like, and it doesn't taste horrible like other shakes I've done in the past.
    Hate to tell you it wasn't the Isagenix, but the CALORIE DEFICIT that caused the weight loss. I guarantee you that without calorie deficit, NO OTC PRODUCT will help with weight loss. Don't believe me? Drink all the Isagenix you want and eat at TDEE.

IDEA Fitness member
  • 12_oz_Curls
    12_oz_Curls Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Directly from Shakeology Chocolate shake Nutrition facts on the website:

Calories: 160

Protein: 17 grams
    Carbs: 17 grams
    Fat: 2 grams
    Sodium: 150mg

My starkist tuna 4oz. can?

Calories: 90
    Protein: 22 grams
    Carbs: 0
    Fat: 1
    Sodium: 360

Thanks, I'll just pop open a can of tuna and eat that. Much quicker than a protein shake that costs buttloads of money.
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    Hate to tell you it wasn't the Isagenix, but the CALORIE DEFICIT that caused the weight loss. I guarantee you that without calorie deficit, NO OTC PRODUCT will help with weight loss. Don't believe me? Drink all the Isagenix you want and eat at TDEE.

IDEA Fitness member

I started my weight loss journey to do Isagenix. It kick started my weight loss and I am grateful it ************************

Thank you captain obvious, but like I said, it helped kick start my weight loss and even if my friend was able to lose 200 pounds, yes, you could be eating at TDEE and drinking Isagenix, and can/cannot lose any weight. The fact of the matter is to educate yourself on something such as "Isagenix or what" and figure out if you think it will help you, will you be dedicated to doing it, and has it worked for others you PERSONALLY know. All I am saying is that, yes, what you said could and is probably true, but with doing the system, both of us have never felt better, and say that is because she is maintaining three years out and I am losing weight. Some people need to 'shake program' or whatever to motivate themselves. No different than body builders drinking protein instead of eating it.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    if the ingredients
      has names that require you to do a google search to figure out what they are, chances are it shouldn't be in your body.
    So it's OK for educated people to eat processed food, but uneducated people should stick to natural stuff?
    I'm sure that's not what you meant to say...

But thanks to this thread, I not only figured out what to have to get over 1200 calories today, but cleared a spot on my countertop.
    Last year (2013) in August I'd gotten a bottle of "body fortress super advanced whey protein" because I had surgery & was thinking it would be a good idea to have extra protein to help tissue repair / recovery, plus it was nutrition when I really wasn't feeling like eating.
    Remembered I still had some left (1.5 servings, which was just perfect for tonight), so I mixed it up & threw out the empty jar.
    1 scoop has 30 g protein, 2.5 g fat, 7 g carbs, 150 cal
    No, I don't plan to get any more. I prefer real food, which is less expensive. But it did meet the need I had.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

I started my weight loss journey to do Isagenix. It kick started my weight loss and I am grateful it ************************

Thank you captain obvious, but like I said, it helped kick start my weight loss and even if my friend was able to lose 200 pounds, yes, you could be eating at TDEE and drinking Isagenix, and can/cannot lose any weight. The fact of the matter is to educate yourself on something such as "Isagenix or what" and figure out if you think it will help you, will you be dedicated to doing it, and has it worked for others you PERSONALLY know. All I am saying is that, yes, what you said could and is probably true, but with doing the system, both of us have never felt better, and say that is because she is maintaining three years out and I am losing weight. Some people need to 'shake program' or whatever to motivate themselves. No different than body builders drinking protein instead of eating it.
    Weight loss comes down to commitment and consistency. If Isagenix is what you needed to make the commitment, then that's good for you. But you were attributing the actual USE of it as being the result of her weight loss and I'm telling you that she could have gotten the same results by just being on the same calorie deficit. Whether you believe it or not, doesn't matter to me. I'm saying it because there will be people here that think that they may need to invest their hard earned money into some MLM drink to lose weight and in reality they don't.

IDEA Fitness member