Exercise to increase the butt size

Options
I know this is strange because so many people are trying to reduce the size of their butt, but not me. I want to find a way to increase mine. I have NO butt. Does anyone know what I can do to make me have one? Are there some exercises out there to solve this problem for me??

Replies

• cabocobo
    Options
    any variation on squats may help. Especially, if you use reasonably heavy dumbbells and fewer reps.
  • Flemstica
    Flemstica Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yes, squats and lunges!!! Also, yoga is rumored to give one a nice butt!
  • fitoverfifty
    fitoverfifty Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you have a butt......it's just small...and when you carry your weight ( like I do) mostly on your stomach, it looks like you have no butt.
    As soon as you lose the weight, and your stomach is smaller than your hips. You will be able to put on some cute jeans and have a cute butt.
    No amount of any kind of exercise will give you a butt like Jennifer Lopez.....she was born with that..
  • Flemstica
    Flemstica Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ummmm, sorry to disagree, but I am sure JLo works for that butt. Butt is muscles and you have to work to develop those muscles to have a shapely bottom.
  • cabocobo
    Options
    Actually, another very simple tip is to sit on fitness ball instead of chair, it helps toning the whole body and improves posture.
  • cabocobo
    Options
    Ummmm, sorry to disagree, but I am sure JLo works for that butt. Butt is muscles and you have to work to develop those muscles to have a shapely bottom.
    + it reduces orange peel thing too :wink:
  • liltrainer
    Options
    You can build your butt. If you really want a bigger butt get in the gym and work your butt and legs hard. I do legs and butt twice a week with heavy weight 4 sets 8-10 reps 7-9 exercises my butt is not even the same the muscle has shaped and toned it like you wouldn't believe
  • rshellb
    Options
    Thank you all for your insight! I knew there had to be something. I don't expect to have JLO's butt, just a lil' something back there where my jeans won't sag in the butt. I remember once upon a time when I was in high school being 115-125 lbs complaining about not having a butt. But I am sure once my stomach goes down my butt won't seem as flat. I will check into lunges, squats, sitting on the balancing ball and other things mentioned.
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    In addition to squats and lunges, deadlift is an extremely good exercise too because it's a compound exercise. I would suggest doing the deadlift first and the squats and lunges after that.

Do about 3 sets with enough weight so you only can do about 8 reps, of each exercisse, 2-3 times a week and eat healthy diet with lots of protein.
    I promise, you won't sit down comfortably for a couple of days when you first do that! :devil:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    In addition to squats and lunges, deadlift is an extremely good exercise too because it's a compound exercise. I would suggest doing the deadlift first and the squats and lunges after that.

Do about 3 sets with enough weight so you only can do about 8 reps, of each exercisse, 2-3 times a week and eat healthy diet with lots of protein.
    I promise, you won't sit down comfortably for a couple of days when you first do that! :devil:

agree with all of this :)
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Squats, by far. The guys with the biggest squat numbers have always developed sick glutes. It depends, however, on how you perform the movement to really nail the backside. If you use really good overall form, then plenty of the weight will be transferred to the glutes and they should grow.

Use weight. Forget the dumbells. Use a bar. It will hurt your back a little bit at first. Don't worry, you'll get used to it. My wife couldn't hold just a bar on her back at first, and now she can squat over 100 lbs (she only weighs 113).

Start with your feet quite wide. Wider than shoulder width by at least 6" on each side, probably more. I know, I know, the fitness mags all say shoulder width. Forget that. When you set your feet wide, you will naturally want to face your feet out to the sides. Don't. Don't let them go out more than 30*. It'll feel a bit weird. Now lower your butt, keeping your back arched and trying not to bend forward too much. You'll bend forward a little naturally, but don't TRY to bend forward. Some people make the mistake of trying to get the bar as low as possible. Instead, try to get your butt as close to the floor as possible, going right down between your feet and only slightly back. Let the weight slowly pull you down until you can't get any lower. If you can get really low, then do so. Now push you heals into the ground, and next thing you know you'll be at the top again. Repeat 8-13 times for 3-5 sets.

If you can't get down to the point where your thighs are basically parallel to the ground, then you need to add in a stretching routine with plenty of hip stretches.

Go as low as possible. When you don't go all the way down (above parallel), only some of the tendons in the knee are placed under tension, which puts huge amounts of stress on those tendons and can lead to injury. When you go down to parallel and below, all of the tendons in the knee are recruited and placed under tension, which actually decreases the chances of injury and also activates every muscle around the knee, increasing the affect of the exercise.

If you follow the form described above, you should definitely feel your glutes the next day.
  • mlconroy1066
    mlconroy1066 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also have no butt. It's in the family - my mom, me , my daughter. I have been nicknamed "The Buttless Wonder", "BonyButt", "NoButt", etc etc. There is just nothing there. I would like a little padding so that sitting on hard surfaces is less uncomfortable. However, I have very bad knees from a fall and now arthritis, so squats are definitely out. At this point lunges are difficult, but I will persevere. Thanks for the tips, all
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Sweet necro.
  • jenniferpark01
    jenniferpark01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Squats! I love them! My butt has made a huge transformation. I do heavy squats with a bar(about 200lbs). I also get in lunges, dead lifts, and kettle bell swings.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    1.gif
  • magnolia_ah
    magnolia_ah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    squat and lift weight , not too much cardio
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I dont have much of a butt either, and I actually posted a very similar thread not too long ago! Now...Squats. I hate them...I find them uncomfortable and just not enjoyable. I was looking for alternatives to squats and lunges. Someone had recommended doing donkey kicks. I LOVE them, because I feel like it is actually working my BUTT, not the thighs. I have noticed quite a difference just doing them every week (about 100, 50 per leg, with just a basic ankle weight).