BINGE PURGE CYCLE help!

Options
So I am underweight and was even more before, I eat about 800 calories everyday and basically restrict certain things such as sugar... but than i usually just binge really bad 1-2 times a week, usually on a weekend. Its been happening very often, basically every weekend. I just eat a lot of chocolate and sweets when i do binge and feel really bloated, gross, and angry at myself because i feel really sick when i overeat and dont know what to do than and my bloating doesnt go down for like 2 days :( Any advice for this bad habit and how to soothe the bloating? thank you! btw my cw is 52.1 kilos and im an 18 year old girl that is 169-170cm

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/
  • mollyea97
    mollyea97 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try eating more if you can manage it, if your body is getting more calories you'll be less likely to binge. Also try eating more healthy sugars like fruits if sugar is what your craving. Good luck :)
  • PhitnessWorks
    Options
    So I am underweight and was even more before, I eat about 800 calories everyday and basically restrict certain things such as sugar... but than i usually just binge really bad 1-2 times a week, usually on a weekend. Its been happening very often, basically every weekend. I just eat a lot of chocolate and sweets when i do binge and feel really bloated, gross, and angry at myself because i feel really sick when i overeat and dont know what to do than and my bloating doesnt go down for like 2 days :( Any advice for this bad habit and how to soothe the bloating? thank you! btw my cw is 52.1 kilos and im an 18 year old girl that is 169-170cm

I am Binge Eating Disorder due to depression and anxiety. When I am depressed or have anxiety about day to day life problems I binge eat beyond feeling full. However, I feel that your are not a Binge Eater just someone who overeats because you are not taking in but 800 calories a day.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Have you talked with your doctor about your eating disorder?
  • MzOnree
    MzOnree Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I think you should be worrying about the low calorie intake of 800 calories a day...not binging on sweets. Your body needs more than 800 calories a day. Increase your calorie intake to AT LEAST 1200 is my suggestion to you.
  • Makterbro
    Makterbro Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You should eat more, if you ate at least 1,200 calories a day, then you would feel fuller and you wouldn't have to binge eat.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Hi Iva. You need to speak to your doctor. Right away, as in Monday, If possible.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    There have been so many questions from people with eating disorders!

If you are vomiting up food, you must know that isn't normal. Bad for the stomach, esophagus, throat, mouth, teeth...and lungs if you suck any in.

If you get so hungry that you have to binge, you must know that isn't normal, either.

The obvious answer is to increase the amount of daily calories. You're going to binge them in later, anyway, so you might as well eat them day-to-day. But I suspect that logic will not pull you out of a place it never led you. ;)

If this is an on-going thing, you must have known it wasn't normal for a while.

Call your doctor and get a referral. Get some help. You can beat it if you want to!
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Personally I went to a psychiatric hospital to stop the cycle.

So there's that. Talk to a medical professional at least.