Wii Just Dance 1 & 2

Options
I have question for anyone who has used Just Dance on the Wii as an exercise. It's not in the exercise Database so I added my own in my exercise log. But my question is is how many calories am I supposed to log that I burned according to how long I worked out. Like I did it for 20 minutes so do I log a calorie per minute or more than that?

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    One word: FUN
  • Simonscat
    Simonscat Posts: 249
    Options
    Get a HRM!
    Although if you're gonna do the add a cal a minute thing, knock of 5 at the end to make sure you're not over estimating? Or don't eat all the calories burned.

I love those games. The second one is a real big work out!
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I play Just Dance 1 and just log it under dancing general.. I did it for 45 minutes the other day and it said I burned 171 calories..
  • lanie13
    lanie13 Posts: 55
    Options
    http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/article-detail/How-Many-Calories-does-the-Wii-Just-Dance-Game-Burn/4h/

To break that down, that is roughly:
    6 calories a minute
    96 calories in 15 minutes
    190 calories in 30 minutes
    380 calories in 1 hour
    570 calories in 1½ hours
    760 calories in 2 hours
  • brandnewgirl
    Options
    I log mine under dance.
  • lilkrazee
    Options
    To get the absolute most accurate calorie burn, get yourself a heart rate monitor. I use mine faithfully and it takes the guess work out of any exercise. It's awesome, and you can get them fairly cheap! BTW....LOVE the Wii games too! ;)
  • angel2296
    angel2296 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I LOVE Just Dance 2!! If you are using the "Sweat Mode" take the number of "sweat points" and divide it by 4.2 That is supposedly the way to figure out how many calories you have burned.
  • lot013
    lot013 Posts: 53
    Options
    bump
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    for this particular game, do you need the wii fit board?
  • lgeren
    lgeren Posts: 45
    Options
    No you don't need the Wii Fit board.

@Angel2296- thanks for the info. I couldn't figure out how to come up with the calories according to how many points I was accruing. I'll do that next time I play the 2nd one.