How to tone inner thighs??? :(

Options
I'm a healthy weight and in clothes no one would suspect that my inner thighs are bad, because the overall size of my legs and body isn't overweight, however my inner thighs are so disgusting it's really upsetting me. It runs in my family, and all the girls seem to have problem areas in the inner thighs. It doesn't make sense because my outer thighs are toned, but my damn inner thighs aren't!!! What can I do??? My diet is good. I have faded stretch marks in my inner thighs as well and I really want to tone up so it decreases their appearance. Please help me :(

Replies

• YamaMaya1
    YamaMaya1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If it's genetic, surgery may be your only option here if you really can't live with it. You could also just accept your body and your flaws and move on.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    The upper thigh is supposed to be fatter than the rest of you. It's very normal.

But I know exactly what you mean! There are machines at the gym to work those muscles, but so far I've found that the muscles are toned buy the fat doesn't budge. I don't like it, either.

Fifty more pounds to go, though. Surely it will improve a lot!, :)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    The upper thigh is supposed to be fatter than the rest of you. It's very normal.

But I know exactly what you mean! There are machines at the gym to work those muscles, but so far I've found that the muscles are toned buy the fat doesn't budge. I don't like it, either.

Fifty more pounds to go, though. Surely it will improve a lot!, :)

Indeed, the yes no machines will just result in the fat sitting on top of larger muscles making your thighs look even fatter.

Focus on the deficit and trust that everything will shrink proportionately in due course. :)
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Try Crunch Pick your spot pilates. Simple movements that you actually feel the next day and thighs only takes about 10 minutes to do. You can get it off youtube.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Lose more fat and hope it comes from the areas you want to reduce, live with it, and surgery are pretty much the options as far as I know.
  • nauner
    nauner Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Maybe a little over critical on yourself? Looking at the profile pic you have you cant see a problem. Only way is either surgery or get the body fat % down and hope they go away (although from your pic your doing fine overall already). Since it runs in the family, think it would just be easier to accept them and move on.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Maybe a little over critical on yourself? Looking at the profile pic you have you cant see a problem. Only way is either surgery or get the body fat % down and hope they go away (although from your pic your doing fine overall already). Since it runs in the family, think it would just be easier to accept them and move on.

I'll go with this too if the pic in your profile is you :blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If that pic is of you, then cease your worries! Those thighs are auper-thin!! Better than like 99% of women!

I'm not even hoping for thighs like that, lol.

If that's you, enjoy it. It won't last forever, so be thrilled now.

I assume that's just a motivational picture, because almost nobody has thighs that awesome.
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I know that no matter how thin I am I will always have thick thighs and wide butt. It runs in my family and not much I can do about that. That could be the way it is for you. Learn to accept them and love them.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I'm a healthy weight and in clothes no one would suspect that my inner thighs are bad, because the overall size of my legs and body isn't overweight, however my inner thighs are so disgusting it's really upsetting me. It runs in my family, and all the girls seem to have problem areas in the inner thighs. It doesn't make sense because my outer thighs are toned, but my damn inner thighs aren't!!! What can I do??? My diet is good. I have faded stretch marks in my inner thighs as well and I really want to tone up so it decreases their appearance. Please help me :(
    No offense intended, but if your avatar picture is of you then you have a serious body perception issue.

If your avatar is not of you, then from the tone of your original post, you have a serious body perception issue.

You also describe one of your body parts as "disgusting." I suggest you seek help form a professional regarding your skewed body image.

You can't spot reduce. You are not overweight, so you don't need to lose weight.

Try some heavy weight lifting and some body recomp. However, keep in mind that our inner thighs generally have more fat. If you inner thigh situation is genetic, then you need to learn to live with it.

The best of luck to you.
  • Jkj95
    Jkj95 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Genetics are probably a big part in this, but it can be helped with strength training.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate!

My legs are defnitely more defined now than a few years ago but my inner thighs still carry some jiggly and it's really annoying~

You look great, by the way. :)
  • Mykaelous
    Mykaelous Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    If you want to tone up your thigh's there are a variety of exercises you can do from isolation exercises like hip abduction and adduction as well as compound exercises such as squats. This won't remove fat from this area, but it will strengthen it removing the flabby look to it that you seem to be particularly concerned about.
  • hylgh
    hylgh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried pilates? Blogilates on youtube can be a good start and she has some great inner thigh videos :)
  • jakichan
    jakichan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by "tone"? Are you talking about losing fat in a specific spot? Because it doesn't work that way, I'm afraid.

You tone muscles by working with them Toning skin I dunno. I'm working on strengthening my abductors and adductors right now because I pulled my groin. But I don't think that's what you're trying to do. :)
  • jeweliets
    jeweliets Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you, yes I'm hoping the more fat I lose, it will just go away. Sigh, I just seem to lose it all in my stomach and arms before anything else though. Oh well!
  • jeweliets
    jeweliets Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you, and yep I really hope the fat will just fall off one day lol
  • jakichan
    jakichan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My weight has fallen off in odd ways. I had to get my watch taken in 3 times, and my arms weren't fat. My belly and thighs are still huge. :(
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Thank you, yes I'm hoping the more fat I lose, it will just go away. Sigh, I just seem to lose it all in my stomach and arms before anything else though. Oh well!

... Sounds like first world problems to me lol.

Though seriously if the profile pick is you I really really wouldn't care. The fat ... if you can call it that is more of a feature than an eyesore .. believe me. Anybody telling you that you have fat thighs is jus jelly.
  • SophiaStarBound
    SophiaStarBound Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    and I lose it all on my thighs before my stomach and arms which I wish I could reduce the fat on!

You will get there