Best exercises to prepare for honeymoon in 4 weeks?

Options
Hi all

I am 150 and 5'8 and am fairly content with my size and weight, but I'm not as happy with my composition. I have lost 126lbs. and had a tummy tuck 6 months ago which removed 5lbs. of extra skin! Recovery got me kind of behind on working out, and I know with only 4 weeks until the wedding no miracles will happen. I am willing to do two a days and all kind of variety (just so long as I don't get an overuse injury!) to get in shape for the wedding, but I'd like some recommendations on "best bang for exercise buck." I have a home gym, treadmill, pool, and several workout dvds (such as 30 day shred which inspires me to think that I could see some small difference in 4 weeks!). I just don't know where to put my efforts. Any advice would be extremely helpful. Thanks.

Replies

• Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Honestly, pick what you really enjoy. Any exercise is better than none :wink: Being in better shape will help you have the energy to enjoy your honeymoon.

Heavy lifting is generally "best bang for your exercise buck," IMO, but with only 4 weeks, I'm not sure you'll see results right away (it does take some time). Still, if you enjoy working with the home gym (or any free weights), maybe to that a few times a week along with something else (i.e. 30 minutes cardio, 30 minutes weights)

You've had great success so far. I'm glad you know not to expect miracles. Just do what you enjoy, and have fun at your wedding and honeymoon! :flowerforyou:
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Ok I'll bite:

You need 4 workouts a week:

Upper body weights - 30 mins
    Lower body weights - 30 mins
    HIIT - 20 mins
    Slow cardio - 60 mins
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I am 150 and 5'8 and am fairly content with my size and weight, but I'm not as happy with my composition. I have lost 126lbs. and had a tummy tuck 6 months ago which removed 5lbs. of extra skin! Recovery got me kind of behind on working out, and I know with only 4 weeks until the wedding no miracles will happen. I am willing to do two a days and all kind of variety (just so long as I don't get an overuse injury!) to get in shape for the wedding, but I'd like some recommendations on "best bang for exercise buck." I have a home gym, treadmill, pool, and several workout dvds (such as 30 day shred which inspires me to think that I could see some small difference in 4 weeks!). I just don't know where to put my efforts. Any advice would be extremely helpful. Thanks.

Personally, I'd do some body weight excercises in the AM mixed with some swimming in the afternoons. If it's composition, heavy weights are your best bet, period, but will take a bit to show. Just don't flip if you gain some weight.
  • kmh0617
    kmh0617 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    keigels and yoga....gotta limber up for sexercise

^ This
    ????
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    gun pokes

Portals_713ea3_2898251.gif
  • heathernbateman
    heathernbateman Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just added yoga that emphasizes in flexibility into my routine and it definitely made my husband and my sex life pretty other worldly.
  • Tigermum9
    Tigermum9 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    pelvic floor?
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    keigels and yoga....gotta limber up for sexercise

You're too fast:)
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    hip thrusts
  • lady6starlight
    lady6starlight Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness I do suggest toning exercises, like yoga, pilates, or squats. You want to be flexible for your honeymoon!
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    sex. srs.