Replies

• RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    We believe the lies others tell us.
  • hypnodust
    hypnodust Posts: 5
    Options
    I believe it comes from either past experiences, or a warped illusion of who you should be.
    I struggle with self-hatred and beat myself up inside my head from time to time. I also have depression, so when I forget to take my pills for a couple days, I feel it creeping back up on me.
    Things in the past can greatly affect how you view yourself and the actions you take. It's the age old story of if you call someone stupid long enough in their life they will start to believe you.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Where does self-hatred come from?

Negative self talk, society, the past, how you interpret the actions of others and choice.
  • dhconsford
    dhconsford Posts: 13
    Options
    sometimes, like today. It is so intense, I just don't know what to do. Thanks ladies, I should have come here way earlier. I have found so much here helping me today. I should have just looked before I even posted this topic. Still struggling tonight. I hope to wake tomorrow feeling better.
    Thank you again.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    sometimes, like today. It is so intense, I just don't know what to do. Thanks ladies, I should have come here way earlier. I have found so much here helping me today. I should have just looked before I even posted this topic. Still struggling tonight. I hope to wake tomorrow feeling better.
    Thank you again.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Instead of focusing on things you hate about yourself, I challenge you to find one thing, every day, that you love about yourself. Write it on a Post It, throw in on your bathroom mirror so you read it every day.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    when someone has made you feel worthless, finally you wake up and realize it is them not you.
  • dhconsford
    dhconsford Posts: 13
    Options
    Actually, I am truely blessed with so many positive people. It is just me. I get in this mind set, and it just kills me sometimes. I really should come here more often. There is a wealth of support and knowledge. I need to remember that, as I know that it will help me faster than just trying to get through the days beating myself up.

Thank you all again for your help
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    lack of respect for yourself
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I think self-hate comes from the lies we tell ourselves. We tell ourselves we're not worth it. After a while we begin to believe it.