Ben and Jerry's...you disappoint me

Options
I get a coupon for you.
I wait for you to go on sale.
I get you 2/$5, and get a pint of Phish Food froyo and Half Baked froyo.

The Phish Food froyo was normal. And delicious. You best believe I fit that ish in my macros.
But no. I couldn't have the same luck with the Half Baked.
Instead of my expected mix of both brownie and cookie dough pieces, what I got was a pint of blended vanilla/chocolate froyo with four and a half tiny pieces of cookie dough, no brownie, and one rogue chocolate chip in the entire pint. I'm not sure if he/she snuck into the batch, or if they were separated from their tiny counterparts.

I would like some other flavor recommendations, since I don't think I'll be going back to Half Baked. When you have to sit and contemplate your froyo choices through an entire pint, and you taste plain chocolate/vanilla froyo and compare it to your paltry cookie dough pieces, it kind of turns you off the flavor.

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    You should write to them about that, they'll kiss it and make it better. Promise.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    You should write to them about that, they'll kiss it and make it better. Promise.

I did, but then their page said "we can't respond to everything", so I doubted I'd get an email back.
    So I Facebooked them instead. I was a nice customer, and only asked for another coupon so I could go out and buy a new pint. Wasted my only coupon on the two I bought. I shouldn't have been nice and given the other coupon to my roommate to share in the Ben and Jerry's goodness. >:(
  • KarenB927
    KarenB927 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Any time I have complained about the quality or quantity of a product, I've always gotten first an automated response, then an email which always states they are sending me coupons for free products. Once I bought a box of fiber one brownies (I thing they were fiber one) and instead if 6 brownies, I got 5 brownie an one packet of air! I think I got like $15 worth of coupons from the company.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    Any time I have complained about the quality or quantity of a product, I've always gotten first an automated response, then an email which always states they are sending me coupons for free products. Once I bought a box of fiber one brownies (I thing they were fiber one) and instead if 6 brownies, I got 5 brownie an one packet of air! I think I got like $15 worth of coupons from the company.

I'm hoping they actually respond to me! I'm not even looking for a refund (because personally, I love what they do/how they treat their employees/how they make their product, and I literally ate the $2.50 I spent). Just hoping I can at least get one coupon back to be able to stock up again!
  • Leggylass
    Leggylass Posts: 215
    Options
    and there it si again..phishfood in my face!!!!! :sad:
  • jeedsjds13
    jeedsjds13 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Definitely follow that other poster...I had a bad run-in with Danone yogurt once. 4 packages out of a 24 pack were what looked like curdled. The yogurt didn't homogenize well at all, so they send me at least $30 worth of coupons :)
  • prism1968
    prism1968 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Since they only made the BEST ICE CREAM EVER for one year (like 1999, R.I.P. Holy Cannoli), my next favorite choices are:

*Chocolate Fudge Brownie
    *New York Super Fudge Chunk
    *any of the newer Core ones (Hazed & Confused, Salted Caramel being the best of those)

Love that the Fudge Brownie comes in that teeny tiny serving size at my grocery store so I have built-in portion control :)

Edited to add: Just realized you were asking for froyo recommendations...Oops! I don't eat that :(
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    Mmmm Phish food... Drool!!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I had a small chat with one of their folks last time I did a tour of their facility. They take feedback like that pretty seriously, even though they're unilever now.

I think they'll take care of ya. :)
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Snail mail probably works best. Send them a letter and they will probably send you a coupon to replace the ice cream with any flavor. My husband has done this a couple of times and the companies really respond.
  • SquishyLaughter
    SquishyLaughter Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Phish Food is my favorite. My mother used to bribe me to do yardwork with promises of Phish Food when I was a child :)

Now I eat the froyo version due to lactose intolerance. Still delicious.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    You've made me want some Ben and Jerry's :(
  • missiontofitness
    Options

I regret nothing
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Try Talenti Gelato it's better :)
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    that happened to me once with the new York super fudge chunk. there was one piece of milk chocolate chunk. that's it. no white chocolate chunks, no chocolate covered nuts....nothing. just chocolate ice cream with one single chocolate chunk. not gonna lie.... I teared up a little.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

I regret nothing

Some people just want to watch the world burn.
  • Red_sparkling_Titania
    Options
    ngry.gif

This is how I felt reading this.
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Dangerous! This makes me want to tear into the Chocolate Fudge Brownie out in the freezer!
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    ngry.gif

This is how I felt reading this.

You've given me nightmares for sure.
  • missiontofitness
    Options

I regret nothing

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

I have a lawn chair and a beer, I'm ready.