Need some ideas on what to put on my grocery list.

I wanna change things to my diet so I want only lose weight but also have a healthly lifestyle. My problem is I don't really know how to get my protein and nutrition, because im a really picky eater. I don't like fish, grilled chicken, etc. I just need some recipes , and snack ideas that don't take long to make and aren't difficult.

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Lean meats:
    Chicken , beef, fish (tuna). Look out for rump steaks, I dont know about you but my local supermarkets has got a lot of them on sale and they are super nice. Easy way to get protein in.

Carbohydrates:
    (Brown) rice, (brown) pasta , bread, potatoes. All dirt cheap from a farmers market.

Vegetables / fruit:
    Depends on what you like, berries and strawberries are good for anti-oxidants and are low in calories. Salads etc for dietary fibre.

If you want to CHANGE your diet, try the foods you dislike. It's good to try things which you 'dislike', just try it!
  • lolalament
    lolalament Posts: 73 Member
    I've recently got addicted to pickled eggs. They're low in calories but high in protein!

If you don't want the pickleness, you could just try boiled eggs, or scrambled eggs or omelette or something.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Eggs (fixed any way), greek yogurt, skim milk, cheese (I like the individual serving sizes to keep it simple), Turkey and chicken (if you don't like baked versions, try making it another way or buying it already made at the deli), tuna salad, nuts and seeds,fresh or frozen fruits and veggies, oatmeal. You could try protein powder, adding it to skim milk and yogurt or making smoothies.

There are thousands of recipe sites on the web. Pick one and browse, or try searching for something specific like crock pot dinners. One idea is to buy one new food item a week, something on sale that you've never tried or maybe it's been a long time, then google that item to find recipe options to try. Keep track of the ones you enjoy and you'll gradually develop your own cookbook of recipes.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Please tell us what you do eat.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,459 Member
    Please tell us what you do eat.

^this
  • ELizzyKD
    ELizzyKD Posts: 19 Member
    What are your macros? What percent of fats, proteins, and carbs are you eating each day? I would recommend less carbs, but it depends on your diet.