Subway

Options
Tomorrow I plan on having a cheat meal. I will log it and try make it so I am not over by anymore than 200cals.
I want a subway. Not just a 6" but a 12"! I know I know, how can a small 5`2 person eat a full 12"! But I can :), never tried though.

What should I get?! I'm in the UK so choices maybe different to America.

Replies

• mmnichol
    mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I like the Ham with pepper cheese with all the veggies. I usually dont like fat free italian dressing, but i really do on the subs, gives it alot of flavor without the calories. Enjoy your sub!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Google it online...it has a list of every thing...
  • Simonscat
    Simonscat Posts: 249
    Options
    I know. I'm just asking for healthy choices...recommendations etc.
  • mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the oven roasted chicken breast on whole wheat... it is very filling, and will avoid some of the bad things in lunch meat. I had subway last week myself, and ate an entire 12 inch sandwhich too, so I know how you feel. It is good to cheat sometimes, and Subway is definately a place you can do it and not feel really guilty about it.
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    I always get the black forest ham on 9 grain wheat w/ double lettuce, double tomato, black olives, onions and mustard!
  • jaloyd
    jaloyd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like the flat bread, small amt of cheese (or turkey), all the veggies and I use honey mustard but have not calculated the calories, etc yet.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    just watch out for the tuna sub, it is one of the wost ones.

I say check the subway site and decide ahead of time. then you can plan accordingly. I like the tuna sub personally.

http://www.subway.com/applications/NutritionInfo/nutritionlist.aspx?id=sandwich
  • aimibean
    aimibean Posts: 243
    Options
    spicy italian sub with sweet chilli sauce. :) om nom nom.
  • aimibean
    aimibean Posts: 243
    Options
    spicy italian sub with sweet chilli sauce. :) om nom nom.
  • mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    Options
    The VeggieDelite is their healthiest, but I want some meat on my sandwiches. Go for the Turkey Breast on Whole Wheat with lots of veggies.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    6" turkey or Oven roasted Chicken is my go to sandwich but, Lately Ive been diggin the Veggie Delite in a 12"
  • Simonscat
    Options
    I like the flat bread, small amt of cheese (or turkey), all the veggies and I use honey mustard but have not calculated the calories, etc yet.
    I wish we had this choice in the UK!! :O
  • Simonscat
    Options
    just watch out for the tuna sub, it is one of the wost ones.

I say check the subway site and decide ahead of time. then you can plan accordingly. I like the tuna sub personally.

http://www.subway.com/applications/NutritionInfo/nutritionlist.aspx?id=sandwich
    Ugh bleurgh I never get tuna from anywhere, they put way too much mayo in them!!
  • Simonscat
    Options
    6" turkey or Oven roasted Chicken is my go to sandwich but, Lately Ive been diggin the Veggie Delite in a 12"

I need a bit of protein to fill me. If I were a vegetarian I would so get that!
  • MassiveDelta
    Options

I looked at this last night so I just wanted to share. The flat bread is good but it has more cals and sodium than just the bread. Which I didnt believe until I read it.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    really the tuna sub I was really going to get that today - ugh! Thought it was a healthy alternative.
  • Bauer77
    Bauer77 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Dont think of it as a cheat day, think of it as a reward day. Keep it up. I personally like turkey on the whole grain wheat bun with spicy mustard to give it flavor, and much better than mayo..(yuck). And have them load up the veggies. I usually will eat a 12" but I like to eat half first and then save the other have for as long as I can before I eat the second one. That could range from 10 minutes to a few hours....lol
  • urnewbuddee
    urnewbuddee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    it was only 270 calories for a 6" veggie delight (all the veggies but the jalapenos) with american cheese and black pepper on wheat when I went to Subway yesterday! If you double that into a 12", it's only 540 calories! not too bad for a cheat sandwich. I was full from the 6" for a couple of hours. If you want something still healthy but a little more filling, I would so try the tuna sub on wheat or honey oat. I used to get that all the time.
  • Simonscat
    Options
    really the tuna sub I was really going to get that today - ugh! Thought it was a healthy alternative.

Best one is Roast chicken....do you guys have a Low fat sub menu?!
  • MassiveDelta
    Options

I need a bit of protein to fill me. If I were a vegetarian I would so get that!

Me to Im not vegetarian. It really took me a little while to get to the point where I was willing to try a veggie but its not that bad. Low cals for a lot of food.