overweight fitness professional ????

Options

Replies

• marciaholland77
    marciaholland77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Writing down everything I eat has been a huge help to me. This site has given me the motivation to lose weight.
  • DanceswithWow
    Options
    Hello BRE

I always read forum replys by others before i comment.. MFP is awesome.ecosystem of exercise belief systems in need of a fresh voice..

Your plight is exactly what I write about and allude to in every solution I convey..

You see I am also a fitness trainer. . I semi retired in 09 to complete a book that is now being finalized for Amazon fall winter this year.
    Its time to return and repeat what I was successful at AGAIN

Yes over 5 years later to formulate and write not for the chosen few but for ALL so that every page provides a learning relationship with their body that defies what you and I went to school for.

The problem you have isnt implementation.. The problem you face has nothing to do with know how..The issue at had is not even that your current BMI puts you in conflict with your chosen profession..

The problem is what is being taught in all those dated text books is not contemporary enough for todays lifestyle.. The definition of fitness is not a definition..The idea never has been fully fleshed out..Now that Obesity is now an epidemic the fitness powers that be have no tools to solve it.. NO anything but finger point ,use food diaries and stand behind an always failing calorie counting mudslide that blames end -sers ad-nosium for their lack of will power , self discipline , and what not..

The powers that be cant see nothing wrong with the Calorie formula..they belief Its you.. you're the dastardly over eating villian..its you - you shameful double digit sugar eater.. cant stop eating those fudge brownies..

AH thats a bunch of BUNK..I have met people, trained people, live in the homes of people who follow the calorie PILTDOWN nonsense to the letter- result DEAD END You know it but you are not suppose to breath fire and say..that theres somthing not quite right..

Well I didnt finish my degree because in the masters program I attened at at ASU the Instructor Gave me a "D" .Not because I was some kind of average student slacker.. But because one of my editorial pieces appeared in the same Magazine opposite his ..Mine landed me the personal training Gig with the Director of Monday night football..and ABC..

It also allowed me to be the go-to personal trainer for an amazing resume of people that allowed me to live a surreal and mythological life and semi-retire quick .. a life I cannot ever forget.

Lets just say I was able to live next door to the king and queen of Saudi Arabia for over a year.. following the forward thinking of my editorial

Im sharing this..because.. the materiel you were groomed to teach is il defined , il conceived and is not contemporary enough for todays lifestyle..and is failing the masses en mass by leaps and bounds..

Instead of exposing all its Evils . Friend me.. take the red pill Im holding in my key board hand .. But

Do so only if the solution I am about to provide to your situation is of any merit. And that you believe it will get you to a lower BMI and install the courageous aptitude to exert, pit, test, and retest your physical equivalent of will power over free will..better than what you are doing now..

Here goes..

I would recommend you calculate your protein number ( Pn#) first.. this is mother natures metabolic master Key. This master key gives you access to what is going on hormonally behind the scenes.. The hormone you will most focus your efforts on is the lipolytic enzyme.

This enzyme is the only hormone agent of the body that communicates with unwanted body ft Its the only hormone agent that can translate and transmit intentions to unwanted body fat. And its the only hormone agent that can deweaponize unwanted body fats hormonal force field and command it to stand down.

Once your protein number is in place..you simply plug in this portion size into the food frequency formula. ( 2 before 12 pm and 2 after 2pm..) eating 5 or 6 times a day is a body building concept not meant for the average joe....besides only 1 % of the population can adhere to how it works

.there is obviously more behind this formula..but works for most of the people most of the time it also compensates for circadian rhythm issues.

From here build a food energy plan.. I wrote what this is in a previous post.. but to be brief.. a food diary records hindsight yesterdays bit map nutrient news.. a food energy plan on the other hand helps you achieve foresight into what will potentially blow you off course or through you from the food energy horse.

With a food energy plan you only need to manage it once per month recording only food frequency misses.. which in turn filters out behavior in panoramic view..

Bottom line: you spend more effective time focusing on getting better at spotting and fixing discipline problems and solving flavor instaed of micromanaging and writning down gibberish behind your failure to comply yesterday.

At the very least a food energy plan ..minimizes food energy fall out

Now the exercise.. I am able to deploy and teach any one in the world in 5 lessons or less the entire galaxy of exercise that gets the job done. This includes knowing the out come in advance before they even start out.
    After the five lessons I then become a consultant and can get you to the goal in less than 6 8 or 12 weeks.. with no real change to an existing time schedule..

I super teach this using acronyms, short codes, memory cues, imagery devices and principals that absolutely verify, validate and authenticate the work product all along the way..

You DO NOT just learn exercise as whats being vomited now..Your body can by pass what an exercise is suppose to do...You don't follow a prepackaged scripted routine of lifting this and that .. and go through a beat down to proveyou can handle it.

this method is called creating an addiction to exertion fatigue.. Its barbarian at the gate training.

what you have to do first is teach the body how to release and activate a war chest full of lipolytic enzymes using dormant motorskills..

and learn to do so AT WILL..

Once the fighting force of lipolytic enzymes can with persuasion populate and achieve critical mass .. unwanted body shields lower and fat loss becomes a no brainer.

Bets yet should you fall down on supplying whole food protein basedon the food frequency formula.. Your body will let you know right away within 72 hours..that you should alter course or unwanted body fat being raising the shields and weaponizing all over again.

what I just laid out will allow you to command indomitable life force.. will allow you dismantle on contact any training system out there blind folded..

No more barbarian at the gate approach needed..no more becoming a slave to the process.no more addiction to exertion fatigue in order to achieve results - 100% of the population can tap the food energy behind it no matter what their food energy hand up is

If i were to take you through this step by step using SKYPE.. In 7 days..not 7 weeks but in 7 to 10 days your BMI would be a thing of the past..you would have a more firm flowing feminine physique..and the contained discipline taking a leave of absence would be restored.. because your learning curve, lipolytic enzymes and the your body image would fly through the roof with confidence.

The 3-days above the 7days I use to cover the learning curve float..

As the super teaching is so outside any body's paradigm.. the brain is right there absorbing all im teaching like the scenein the Matrix.. learning kung FU

But the psyche is to busy trying to master it at the same time.It cant believe it.

Yes I can install that kind of life force that will allow you to move flawlessly to your goal.

Your position of leadership demands new new know how.. Your career should be energized by the idea that you can enjoy unlimited economic lift..Your abilities to activate an entire room full of exercisers and non exercisers should be

automatic and "At Will.."

Know one in the world can teach fitness this fast.or.can do what i can do..with a yoga block and little black flight bag

The system I just laid out allows me to come to your gym or any gym on any continent and over see every last persons exercise protocol . uniquely and in individualized fashion.

Provide instruction and know without seeing their food diary or anything they have done previously and know where they have short circuited in ..progress..

All with out one additional personal trainer..

I know because I did it..and can and been able to repeat It

Any where any time and any place.. AT WILL !

Thats my gift to you..All you need to do is believe that the world at large is bigger than counting calories and beating people down to lose weight.

My name is Dances with WOW aka

Instructor Savant Professorjohn
    Fitness professional to the Modern working Class

Author of..
    Start Here! The Motorskill Method Guide to Awakening the Fitness Within, Life force Unleashed.
    Antidote to a Body Unbecoming

Indomitable life force always on demand
    coming soon to Amazon fall winter 2014
  • larisaleader
    larisaleader Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bre,

If it helps, I'm overweight by ~110 lbs and I just hired a personal trainer. I don't care what she looks like as long as she can help me get to my fitness goals. My husband is overweight by 40 lbs and is studying to get his ACE certification to become a personal trainer and we've talked to lots of people
    all of whom agreed that they may actually feel more comfortable with a trainer who is not perfect in shape...would feel less intimidating to them.
  • larisaleader
    larisaleader Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    could you keep the selling yourself to a minimum here? We're here to support each other, not take advantage by trying to sell the next best weight loss book!
  • lbpears
    lbpears Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    could you keep the selling yourself to a minimum here? We're here to support each other, not take advantage by trying to sell the next best weight loss book!

Thank you!
  • lbpears
    Options
    OP, I relate a lot to your situation. I'm not a fitness professional, but I workout all the time and am in pretty damn good shape. And yet, I am still overweight because I eat too much.

Welcome to MFP and best of luck on your journey!
  • KeevaDeva
    KeevaDeva Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm so glad you had the courage to speak out :) I have not.I had convinced myself that I was the only overweight fitness professional.

I'm a certified personal trainer and a dance teacher. I grew up in the professional dance world and have struggled with the addictions that go along with it.

I have taught dance for 10 years. The last 5 years I have put on 50lbs. I feel so ashamed and fat sometimes. I'm surrounded by mirrors most of the day and can't stand to look at myself. Being overweight has put a damper on my teaching and confidence. I keep my fitness training certification up to date but mostly just use my skills on my older dancers to keep them strong and injury free.

I don't offer my fitness skills to the public anymore because I feel so ashamed and paranoid that people are judging me:(

Anyways, thanks to this site, I'm getting back on track and losing weight. Bre and anyone else, please feel free to friend me for encouragement.
  • DanceswithWow
    Options
    OP, I relate a lot to your situation. I'm not a fitness professional, but I workout all the time and am in pretty damn good shape. And yet, I am still overweight because I eat too much.

How interesting..

Life force at work in full bloom...

Your over weight issue like bre's is not an eating too much..
    Instead of recoiling to words that you cannot stomach as if its your life calling to reject a new heart beat..

You should know just by now you are over weight becasue your hormones - the lypolytic enzymes ones i very well talk about

are the key..

You have been brain washed to believe over eating.. Youareusing texts written by guys from the past that could not see the future.. or better they did and

your response here reflects it nicely..

Evolution means advancing with the times or perish..

If Iwere in your shoes I would be jumping on easily verifiable information rather than hanging on to your over eating night mare.. that rejects the very essence of what you made of - Hormones
    lipolytic enzymes you have never heard of

over eating keeps you a slave to the process but is not why you are over weight

What you call self promotion.. I call gifting you absolute dietary freedom.. to both of you..

But as expected.taken the blue pill..the story ends and you belive what you wnat to believe

You cannot detach or accept the truth..
    you would rather get hung up on the voice of success and some crazy intent you conjured up than using powerful provable no strings attached information to your advantage..

More life force to come..

and its working
  • lbpears
    Options

How interesting..

Instead of recoiling to words that you cannot stomach as if its your life calling to reject a new heart beat..

You should know just by now you are over weight becasue your hormones - the lypolytic enzymes ones i very well talk about

are the key..

You have been brain washed to believe over eating.. Youareusing texts written by guys from the past that could not see the future.. or better they did and

If Iwere in your shoes I would be jumping on easily verifiable information rather than hanging on to your over eating night mare.. that rejects the very essence of what you made of - Hormones

What you call self promotion.. I call gifting you absolute dietary freedom.. to both of you..

But as expected.taken the blue pill..the story ends and you belive what you wnat to believe

you would rather get hung up on the voice of success and some crazy intent you conjured up than using powerful provable no strings attached information to your advantage..

and its working

No, I can promise you that, like most others here trying to lose weight, I weigh too much because I eat too much. I think most of us wish there was some magic pill (if not blue, maybe red?) that would mean we don't have to do the required work, but that just does not exist.

I think you're correct in that there is someone in this thread that cannot "accept the truth". It's just you, not me.
  • bregrig
    bregrig Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the encouragement. I am hoping that facing my battles on here will give me no choice but step it up. I can see how having a super fit trainer can seem they are apathetic to your struggle, especially when it seems they haven't gone through what you have. I'm hoping that by sharing my struggles others can see that fitness professionals may have very well come from a lack of health and wellbeing and may just understand your journey :) keep at your weight loss and together we can all achieve this health thing :)
  • bregrig
    Options
    haha best words ever! I know the feeling :)
  • bregrig
    Options

oops, still figuring this thing out :) Meant to say best words ever to you!
  • bregrig
    Options
    Wow, I'm so glad you had the courage to speak out :) I have not.I had convinced myself that I was the only overweight fitness professional.

I'm a certified personal trainer and a dance teacher. I grew up in the professional dance world and have struggled with the addictions that go along with it.

I have taught dance for 10 years. The last 5 years I have put on 50lbs. I feel so ashamed and fat sometimes. I'm surrounded by mirrors most of the day and can't stand to look at myself. Being overweight has put a damper on my teaching and confidence. I keep my fitness training certification up to date but mostly just use my skills on my older dancers to keep them strong and injury free.

I don't offer my fitness skills to the public anymore because I feel so ashamed and paranoid that people are judging me:(

Anyways, thanks to this site, I'm getting back on track and losing weight. Bre and anyone else, please feel free to friend me for encouragement.

Don't be ashamed. Every has their struggles and unfortunately struggling with food is a bit more public, especially when you gain weight. I'm happy I've found active individuals that still find themselves gaining weight or simply not being at a healthy weight due to eating etc. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing your progress :)
  • bregrig
    Options

How interesting..

are the key..

and its working

No, I can promise you that, like most others here trying to lose weight, I weigh too much because I eat too much. I think most of us wish there was some magic pill (if not blue, maybe red?) that would mean we don't have to do the required work, but that just does not exist.

I think you're correct in that there is someone in this thread that cannot "accept the truth". It's just you, not me.

Well said! I can assure everyone that I am here because I overeat. Two nights ago for dinner I ate 4 sushi rolls among other things. I'm not in denial, I'm finally coming to terms with what I need to do. The last thing I need to think is that I can eat whatever I want and still not only lose weight but also be healthy. Even if you take a magic pill I will still have high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and fat all around my organs. No thanks, I'd rather be healthy the good old fashioned way.
  • jackiemonx
    jackiemonx Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    im the same as u! i was a paersonal trainer then i moved country and have gained 20lbs. that was 1 and half years ago and now cant seem to shift it. ive too little confidence to work in fitness just now ( still in leisure, swimming pools instead of gym) i would love to get back to what i was like before which wasnt skinny skinny but about 135lbs.
    i just really lack motivation at the moment, i try to do exercises i used to do and cant now and just feel so defeated, would loce if we could help each other!
  • bregrig
    Options
    Hi!
    im the same as u! i was a paersonal trainer then i moved country and have gained 20lbs. that was 1 and half years ago and now cant seem to shift it. ive too little confidence to work in fitness just now ( still in leisure, swimming pools instead of gym) i would love to get back to what i was like before which wasnt skinny skinny but about 135lbs.
    i just really lack motivation at the moment, i try to do exercises i used to do and cant now and just feel so defeated, would loce if we could help each other!

Don't feel bad not being able to do exercises you used to be able to. I ran a marathon 4 short years ago and now I huff and puff at a mere 2 miles. Trust me, it is super discouraging, and one of the reasons I become lazy and didn't want to exercise. I'm here to help girl!! I need the motivation and taking to other people facing the same wall I face everyday challenges me to fight. Would love to help each other reach our goals as well :)
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options

Dang.... I really got to stop reading these very long advertisments........ before I start drinking their kool-aid...
  • bregrig
    Options

Dang.... I really got to stop reading these very long advertisments........ before I start drinking their kool-aid...

Don't drink the kool-aid!
  • jackiemonx
    jackiemonx Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Don't feel bad not being able to do exercises you used to be able to. I ran a marathon 4 short years ago and now I huff and puff at a mere 2 miles. Trust me, it is super discouraging, and one of the reasons I become lazy and didn't want to exercise. I'm here to help girl!! I need the motivation and taking to other people facing the same wall I face everyday challenges me to fight. Would love to help each other reach our goals as well :)

hey ive sent u a friend request.

been on this a week and havnt lost (or gained) moved house over the weekend so ate a lot of junk unpackin etc. today is a new day tho!
  • KelseyBee2014
    KelseyBee2014 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You seem to have a really good head on your shoulders and you are so honest! I would love to be your friend, I FRed you! It also helps that you are so knowledgeable!