Hi, I'm Kendra, and I'm fed up with being fat!

Options
I am 28 years old and live in Jefferson City, Missouri. I hate the way I look and the way I feel but am trying to get back on track. I started dieting September of last year and have lost right at 40 pounds and 2.5 pant sizes, but I still am not happy with it. I find that I fall off track more than I stay on track. I have an amazing boyfriend who is with me every step of the way. But I need more help and motivation, doesn't help I recently found out I have shrank 2 inches since high school...

I am currently:
Height: 5'11
Weight: 259
Pant Size: 18
Bra size: not sure, they don't fit right anymore but used to be 38D
Shirt size: XL

Where I want to be:
Height: 5'11 (though would love to go back to 6'1")
Weight: 180
Pant Size: 10
Bra Size: 32C or 32D (not that I have much choice in this)
Shirt size: Medium

Would love any additional help, motivation, and support I can get!

Replies

• Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Hey, Kendra. I would love to help motivate and support you. I also need to lose a good amount of weight before I hit my goal! Love to have another friend on MFP! :)
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    three things have helped me the most: using a scale to weigh by food accurately, logging all my food and walking.

glad your bf is supportive - my husband has been awesome, and it really makes a difference!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss. That is quite an achievement. Just make a plan that is moderate and sustainable, be consistent with your logging and staying right at your calorie goal. You should be fine.

I'm a former Missourian! (Kansas City)
  • KendraJessi2012
    KendraJessi2012 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I used my scale religiously! I don't know what I would do without out. I need to start drinking more and more water and start cutting back on my calories over time. I try to walk a little bit each day, but I hit the gym 3 times a week, do between 15 and 30 minutes of elliptical, and 30-45 minutes of weight training. I want to hit a point I feel comfortable in a swimsuit and I know that if I don't use the weights I'm going to be flabby after losing the weight. It's just hard to stay motivated sometimes!
  • KendraJessi2012
    KendraJessi2012 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem is my sweet tooth - even watermelon doesn't seem to help curve it all that much. I want the chocolate and the cookies and the cakes. And I know I shouldn't plain out deny myself but once I start eating them I don't want to stop!