My name is Shelby and I am DONE! :-)

Options
First, as my subject line says I am Shelby. 25 and from Western NY!

Now, when I say done I don't mean done losing weight or done eating correctly, because I haven't done that for most of my life. My long (100+lb) journey re-sets today. I have been on MFP for about 6 months on and off and have yo-yo'd about 15-30lbs. When i step on the scale this morning that will be the biggest I will ever be again, i Promise!

but back to being done..

I am DONE letting my weight control my life.. I hate not wanting to go somewhere because I am afraid I wont be able to keep up, or fit on a ride at an amusement park.

I am DONE eating like crap! - My body is the only one I will ever have and constantly sticking chicken fingers and soda and junk into it will never benefit me. I want to be able to chase all of my friends babies around..and hopefully mine one day!

and last but not least..

I am DONE being the fat girl, or pretty for being over weight! - I want every opportunity someone else has and not to be looked down upon because I am overweight. I want someone to call me pretty with no stipulations and no guidelines.

I realize this is going to be the hardest thing I will ever do in my life but with the full support of my family (my mom is eating healthy with me and going to start exercising), my friends (who all joined a summer boot camp with me) and my boss (who doubles as a personal trainer and is meal prepping for me) how can I fail? If i do.. there is no hope. but right now I've got tons.

I am a noob, I know little to nothing about weight loss but only hope to learn as much as possible and kill this fat once and for all. Please feel free to add me if we have similar goals, if you feel you can help motivate me or even if you're just in the same boat. And thanks for reading my little vent/motivational post to myself! :-)

Replies

• ashleydawndill
    ashleydawndill Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL! It's great you're taking initiative to improve yourself, way to go!
    Two things:

1. There is NEVER "no hope". There will always be times when things seem bleak and you may feel like giving up. But everything depends on your mindset, so when you feel like you're losing hope just look to your supporters for the boost you need.

2. Research EVERYTHING! I started out not knowing a darn thing about anything health/fitness related, before I decided I wanted to change myself. I started educating myself about everything I needed to know about fitness and it's helped me more than I can say.

3. (I know I said two things-- I lied) So adding you! Our goals may not be identical, but every single person here is on MFP for the same reason-- to improve themselves and work towards living a better life! :)
  • Indygirl_81
    Indygirl_81 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Same here Shelby!
  • momma_hav
    momma_hav Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Way to take charge! i will be happy to offer what support I can
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Shelby! That's how it starts--it's time to forgive yourself, take care of yourself, and go make the life you deserve. Cheers!! :happy:
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Good girl! Right there with you! MFP worked for me 2 years ago and then I let life get in the way.

Done with that too!

Adding you as a friend! :)
  • qtmonica
    qtmonica Posts: 16
    Options
    Good for you...
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Awesome! Good luck. :)
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the journey to a healthier you! Add me if you like.