bump bump bump bump!!!!!!!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • sophia_uk
    sophia_uk Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Duganhorse
    Options
    the most important thing would be just doing the cardio to burn the fat. Doing pilatis or yoga or other core strength training will def help firm up your abs.
  • maaalloryy
    Options
    Side planks!

Cardio will reduce them as well!
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    LOSE WEIGHT ALL OVER.

You can not just lose your muffin top. There is no such thing as spot reduction. You can't just exercise it away. Cardio and reduction of processed carbohydrates and sugar are the only things that will really work in reducing your body fat over all, especially in women. Do some research on the hormones that are active in creating a gain of belly fat. Avoid foods and actions that contribute to those hormones and keep doing cardio.
  • sevangelista
    Options
    well shopping for bigger pants in one approach:) Spot reduction is largely a myth. Losing unwanted inches from your midsection is a funcation of loing fat and building lean muscle. If you stick with the program here and set goals you will get where you want to go. I set conservative goals and have tried to beat them more days than not. I tend not to "eat my exercise calories" and stick to my food calories and I have lost 4 inches of my own muffin top since early november.

Best of luck to you!!!
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    you cant pick and choose think it just goes from where it likes once its down a bit then do some core work
  • dwinn002
    Options
    I have sciatic nerve pain so I can't do alot of crunches or sit ups. I found a yoga ab workout which is helping me to strenghten my core. That combination with cardio will help out a lot with muffin top. I can't wait to get rid of my muffin top lol
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Jillian Michaels says you can't burn fat off a certain area, you have to burn calories and loose the fat! All you can do is strengthen the muscles underneath. For those problem areas she has a DVD: No More Trouble Zones, it focuses on that and other problems spots. But again, she emphasizes, you have to eat right and burn calories to loose fat head-to-toe.
  • kgthomas24
    kgthomas24 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What is BUMP????
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels says you can't burn fat off a certain area, you have to burn calories and loose the fat! All you can do is strengthen the muscles underneath. For those problem areas she has a DVD: No More Trouble Zones, it focuses on that and other problems spots. But again, she emphasizes, you have to eat right and burn calories to loose fat head-to-toe.

That's good to know. Think I may buy that one. Thanks for sharing...
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    1. cardio (the more intense the better)
    2. healthy nutrition
    3. cardio
    4. cardio

:o]
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    I have to say, I am not sure about buying bigger pants, but I do think that it has a lot to do with the cut of the pants. All of the pants and jeans available are cut at the hips now. Yes, more flattering then the pleated mom jeans, but unless you are cut like a boy there will always be some spillover! Bigger pants just hang off my butt and look unflattering too.. what is a girl to do!!!

I do think that side planks would help... I just HATE them!
  • SweetCharity
    Options
    @kgthomas - Bump is what you write in a thread so that the thread itself gets moved to the top of the list of message threads and gets seen by more people. Hopefully the more people that see it, the more likely you'll get a response :)
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    What is BUMP????

I wondered that for so long!! LOL!!
    It bumps the thread to the top of your my topics so you can look at it later
    people also bump a topic so it is at the top of the recent posts, so other people don't miss it.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I have to say, I am not sure about buying bigger pants, but I do think that it has a lot to do with the cut of the pants. All of the pants and jeans available are cut at the hips now. Yes, more flattering then the pleated mom jeans, but unless you are cut like a boy there will always be some spillover! Bigger pants just hang off my butt and look unflattering too.. what is a girl to do!!!

I do think that side planks would help... I just HATE them!

You are right, it's how the pants are fitted. I don't have an answer to this yet. Am hoping to buy jeans when I am down one more size and thinking of ttying on those Lee ones, I've seen advertised, that instantly slim you. As far as avoiding the muffin top look for now I do go for the baggier pants... I laugh at what my husband says... "just cause you can get it on you, doesn't mean it fits you!"
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    just a quick reply but I gotta say, that the eliptical and the tread mill did wonders for me.....

Im just now getting into the strength training, and thats only for 30 mins, 4 times a week, really, I hate , hate to use the bi flex and tri flex machines, but for some reason I really like the eliptical

Im lucky, they have various kinds of elipticals, stair kind, one that makes you push your feet in a swaying motion, that really burns the calories, and it has handles that you can hold on to and increase the resistance........

Ive literally lost 14 inches in my waist line, and funny thing, I really dont have all that extra meat/skin that some people who were as big as me, seem to have

I would be willing tosay that it has to be the eliptical, the one with the handles that you push with increased resistance, and the tread mill
    again, Im not kidding, lol, I have to do the strength training, but I force myself, as so many in here have said that you keep burning calories as well as it builds muscle, so lol, I said OK........Im lucky, with my work and the gym 1 mile away, I can go 6 - 7 times a week, and for 2 - 3 hours a day, ........again, I was in really bad shape, but the key word is WAS.........Im now as healthy as a 25 year old man, according to my Dr, but for me the cardio is what did it for me...........

Good luck, email me and let me know how its going. I ve lost tons of fat in my boobs, chest, collar bone area, as well s mega fat in my rear and in my legs.........I can feel bones that I didint know, or didnt remember I had............Keep up the cardio is my bet.........Lloyd
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    About the pants size- I agree with this. I see a lot of women squeezing themselves into the WRONG pants. Ladies, if you are over 30, you should not be wearing odd sizes (5, 7, 9, 11 etc). They are for juniors, whose bodies are different than ours. We are women and should wear the correct sizes (evens). I'm not saying we need to wear mom jeans, because that's just sad. We do need to stop pretending we are juniors. I have found this makes a big difference on whale-tail and muffin-top. Of course, I'm doing my cardio cardio cardio, but I can't have instant results.
  • jjcollins83
    Options
    if my jeans get any bigger i will be walking gangster!!! lol but i hate pants that go clean to my belly button. im starting zumba tonight along with the gym this weekend and am buying zumba for the wii. i think i might be ok with my weight if i didnt have the muffin top and could wear girly shirts and not mens t shirts to hid it all
  • jjcollins83
    Options
    if my jeans get any bigger i will be walking gangster!!! lol but i hate pants that go clean to my belly button. im starting zumba tonight along with the gym this weekend and am buying zumba for the wii. i think i might be ok with my weight if i didnt have the muffin top and could wear girly shirts and not mens t shirts to hid it all