What's your carb goal?

Options
I was thinking about changing my carb goal to 25% for my daily goal. I was reading "The 100" diet by Jorge Cruise. Although I know I cannot ever give up pasta and bread for good, I do recognize the fact that sugar is definitely my enemy. I'd love to hear other's thoughts on this!

Replies

• BlondieLivesLOUD
    BlondieLivesLOUD Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    66 grams. 20%
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Carbs are in the basement of my fitness house. I concentrate on protein then fat. Carbs are just a filler when the first two are met.
  • ELizzyKD
    ELizzyKD Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    5% - 20g I haven't had any bread, pasta, grains for 5 days now since starting keto. 60% fat, 35% protein.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    As many as I can after my protein and fat goals are reached.
  • queenbcronen
    queenbcronen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Right now 25%. Carbs are not my friend and my diabetes just gets absolutely out of control if I don't cut out those simple carbs.
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Mine is 20%, which is 65 g…my body does not do well with carbs so i try to stick to a lower carb intake…sometimes I up it depending on how active I am that day.
  • JaneyB311
    JaneyB311 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    45% carbs but this is met purely through fruit, vegetables and complex carbs such as sweet potatoes and wholegrain rice and very, very occasionally wholegrain bread (maybe once per week). I have no 'white' products e.g. bread, rice, pasta. My other macro goals are 30% protein and 25% fat.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    60% . There is no need to limit carbs unless you have a medical condition. Deprivation normally leads to people craving and binging
  • chloeealicee
    chloeealicee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 55% carbs. anywhere between 180-210g a day.
    I need my carbs otherwise i get insatiable hunger, low energy levels and binge a lot
  • hmroebuck
    hmroebuck Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    45%
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    50-60%
  • bravid98
    bravid98 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I don't really care about carbs as long as I'm hitting my protein goal (numeric, not the MFP percentage). Usually though they are between 45 and 55% of calories.

I stopped tracking sugar completely because of all the natural sugars I get from fruit.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Carbs are in the basement of my fitness house. I concentrate on protein then fat. Carbs are just a filler when the first two are met.

^^^^^^ THIS!

That being said, my goal for carbs is between 0 and 225g every day. As long as I hit my protein and fat minimums, carbs can be whatever, as long as I stay in a deficit.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    As many as I can after my protein and fat goals are reached.
    +1

(364g yesterday)
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    460g on days, 400g off days.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    187g or 50%...most of my carbs come from fruit/veggies.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Mmmm.....carbs.

I average between 160g - 210g each day.
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I don't really watch my carb goals. I am always under it. My problem is more in the fats and sodium but the sodium is not a problem that happens much.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    50% - 185g
  • MsMojo_13
    MsMojo_13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    150 g

Carbs, proteins and fats are all equally important, but are not all equal. A whole grain or piece of fruit is a better quality carb than a muffin or piece of candy. I do try to stick to whole grains (the darker the better) and avoid artificially white carbs such as rice or bread. I eat unenriched whole wheat/grain or rye and I eat brown rice and pasta. Try brown rice pasta. Honestly, it's delicious, I love the texture and you can avoid the wheat pasta. I will eat the wheat pasta, but prefer the texture of the rice.

Keep in mind that the type exercise you're doing may also impact the percentage your body needs. I'm a cardio addict. I love to run and anything that gets my heart racing. As a result, I need more carbs on those days to replenish my glycogen stores and to give me energy. Weight trainers tend to lean towards more protein because that's what their bodies need. On the days I weight train, I modify my diet to include more protein.