Kinect or Wii ?

Options
meokk
meokk Posts: 787 Member
Thinking about getting one of these.

What are the pros and cons of each?
Which has better exercise games?

Hoping to hear from people who have tried both.

Thank you

Replies

• Badger1201
    Options
    Not sure about kinect, its kinda new. Wii with EA Active really gets a good work out on and focuses on "core" type exercise utilizing variable resistance bands. It can also be tied in with the Wii Fit balance board and work core mucsles that way.
  • TanMac
    TanMac Posts: 77
    Options
    I have tried both.

Started out with the Wii. Wii Fit - it didn't keep me motivated. Wii Active - didn't build up much of a sweat.

Kinect - LOVE IT!!!!
    It's new and there aren't many games but Dance Central & Kinect Adventures or Kinect Sports are awesome. I've heard alot of good reviews for Your Shape Evolved and some about the Biggest Loser. With the Kinect you don't have to hold onto a controller either.

If it were me buying all over again I would choose the Kinect.
  • TanMac
    TanMac Posts: 77
    Options
    They also have a Zumba disc too!

With Dance Central there is a workout mode as well!
  • KhollerSA05
    KhollerSA05 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go with the kenect from Xbox, becuase the wii is based of teh movement of teh controller, the kenect actually tracks your body movement. They are coming out with a Zumba Game for it. And Zumba can burn up to 1000 calories an hour
  • wannbAhottie
    wannbAhottie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Please read the reviews before you buy the Zumba Kinect, there seems to be a glitch in that game (the Zumba game not a glitch with the kinect)... right now anyway's. Good luck
  • STR0NGisSEXY
    STR0NGisSEXY Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Well, I like both.. They're good for different reasons.

I think I like kinect better, because you don't need to use any controller. I use zumba for the kinect, and really enjoy it. It's the only exercise game I have for kinect so far, though.. because it's so new! Hope this helps some!
  • hchapman75
    Options
    I have tried both and I definitely love the kinect so much more! You don't have to hold a remote at all and the games are so much fun! So far I've tried Kinect Adventures, Dance Central, and Kinect Sports. My top favorites are Dance Central and Kinect Sports. If you like to dance then you'll have a ton of fun with Dance Central. :) I don't own the kinect or the wii, but my good friend has both. I plan on purchasing a kinect as soon as I have the money for it.
  • tootsiesugar
    Options
    KINECT!!! all the way!
    I got one for christmas, well my boyfriend did but he's not had the chance to use it cos i cant get off it LOL
    the Wii is good but when stretching or jogging you can cheat and just waggle your arm but with the Kinect you can NOT cheat!!
    it scans your body shape and lines are shown on your arms and legs and if theyre not straight you know it! you aim for a high percentage of achievement for each move and it can monitor your calorie burn much more effectively!!

I lOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IT!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!! lol
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Options
    I've gotta say I agree with all the things everyone is saying about the kinect. I have both and I love the fact that you don't need to worry about where you're going to stash the remote when you're doing floor work with no pockets (I probably shouldn't let anyone use those paddles after me! LOL) And so far it seems like the Kinect is making all the same games as the Wii anyway. I like the Wii but LOVE the kinect much more for weight loss stuff!
  • 2TsMomma
    2TsMomma Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    lol, I guess I'm the only Wii person here. I really love the Wii fit program. It weighs you, keeps track of all your excercise programs, and its so fun its not like your working out at all.
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your great advice - I'm going with the Kinect !!!!!