Healthy food hurting!

Options
How long does it take a body to get used to higher intake of fruits and veggies? It has been 29 days since I started back on here and counting and getting under my goal, eating way healthier, etc. And my stomach still hates it!

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    We can't see your diary, so it's hard to say what else might be up. But if you SUDDENLY switch up what you're eating, it can take months and months to build up the stomach flora you need to digest new things. Do you eat things like yogurt, kefir, kimche, saurkraut... fermented things? Foods with probiotics can help reconstruct your intestinal flora. How much fiber are you eating per day?
  • edetloff
    edetloff Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sorry I had it to friends only, changed that now. I am going to try kefir and probiotics.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Get used to it?

Erg, well, immediately. WE're kinda made to eat both meat and fruit.

Other than that, you'll always **** like a horse if you eat too much fruit and veg. That's just how it goes.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Try to keep notes in your food notes on when the troubles happen. It can be a sensitivity to a particular food or group of foods. If it continues or gets worse a doctor's visit may be wise.