Lost my Fitbit in my apartment

Options
I have looked everywhere! Well, obviously not everyhere because then I would have found it. I thought I put it o the shelf over my bed last night, cut it's not there. I have a small placee. Any ideas where I might look?

Replies

• jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Are you sure that you took it off?
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Do you have the app on your phone? If so, use the sync to at least locate the rough area - when you're within range it'll sync.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I found mine by slowly walking around the house with my phone waiting for it to sync, when it synced I knew where to focus my search. I found it on my bedroom window ledge behind the curtain lol I still don't know how it got there. Good luck!!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Try to sync it with your phone.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    ^^^ all of the above!

I lost mine a few months ago (turns out that my cats stole it and took it to the basement). I contacted Fitbit and after waiting a few days (following the above advice), they sent me a new one with no questions asked!

They have great customer service!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Is it one with alarms? If it is synching from where it's at, set some alarms. You might hear it vibrate.

Also, there is a Fitbit finder app for like $4.99 on their app page. Some said it worked great, some said not at all.

Good luck!
  • redsoxmj
    redsoxmj Posts: 31
    Options
    I agree with what everyone else says. I lost mine in the car once and figured out that's where it was by walking around with my phone and finding where it would sync and where it would now. Also, if it is a wristband kind, you can buy a clasp online for really cheap ($1 to around $5) that goes around where you attach it to keep the clasp secure. Because fitbit recognizes there is a problem with the clasp and lots of people have had their come off, they are pretty open to any returns for lost Fitbits. I've have multiple friends lose theirs and get a replacement in just a few days. Hope you find it!
  • shoeloveramber
    shoeloveramber Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    If you really cannot find it then e-mail FitBit and tell them. If you bought it in the last year they will replace it for free - yes even if you lost it! If it's been longer than that they usually will give you a good discount like 50% off a new one. All you need is a copy of your receipt showing when and where you bought it and they will hook you up!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. I didn't know about the syncing from my phone, but I carefully looked around my place and finally it turned up. The next time I'll try the sync thing.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    My hubby lost his in Costco. Used his phone 6 days later to track it by getting it to sync, and tracked it to with 5 feet of its location. It was on a desk behind a wall. We were amazed, we were sure that it was gone for good in a place that size.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Is it one with alarms? If it is synching from where it's at, set some alarms. You might hear it vibrate.

Also, there is a Fitbit finder app for like $4.99 on their app page. Some said it worked great, some said not at all.

Good luck!
    I have a friend who found his using this app last week! I hate forking out money for apps, but if I was desperate, $4.99 is better than replacing the Fitbit!