What Is Your Greatest Food Addiction?

Options

Replies

• jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Simple carbs, in most common forms, candy, cakes, ice cream, bagels, breads, etc.

+1 ... and pizza.
  • Pjames95
    Pjames95 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Toast and butter, though I'm pretty partial to a curry and chips (fries for you Americans) too.
  • Junipercrystal1980
    Options
    Bread and any type , so I don't eat it anymore :-(
  • PotatoCatMouse
    Options
    Every day for lunch I used to get a bag of butter lover's popcorn, melt about 1/2 a cup of butter in it, then put chocolate bars in it.
    So fattening but so so delicious.
  • racrmyer
    racrmyer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you on all of this!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I don't have particular favorite but I just want to eat food...because I am so hungry all the time...
  • Artionis
    Artionis Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm not "addicted" to any food - but I have to carefully manage portion control with cheese. Not junk cheese, but cheeses like Stilton, Emmentaler, Manchego, Wensleydale and anything from the Beecher's Handmade Cheese store. I've watched them make cheese at both the Seattle and New York stores. Just yum.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I'm not "addicted" to any food - but I have to carefully manage portion control with cheese. Not junk cheese, but cheeses like Stilton, Emmentaler, Manchego, Wensleydale and anything from the Beecher's Handmade Cheese store. I've watched them make cheese at both the Seattle and New York stores. Just yum.

same for me with nuts...
  • Sonja1211
    Sonja1211 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Banana pudding. With vanilla cookies in it. And whipped cream. *sigh*
  • sweet2def
    sweet2def Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Anything pasta related but if I had to be specific. Waitrose do this D.I.V.I.N.E Caesar pasta with parmesan flakes . . .f**k! it's like the creamiest, richest, garlickiest (I know that's not a word lol) tub of yum I have EVER eaten but the calories in it are effing HORRENDOUS
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Aged cheeses, especially blue cheese with a nice French bread, and wine.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    How much time have you got?

I don't think they'd let me post a post that big...
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I run on beer potato chips and cake!
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream. I could easily eat a pint a night.

It's why I no longer allow myself to indulge, as it's a trigger food for me. I'd rather have a single cookie, or something I can better resist having more of.
  • k1ttyk1tty
    k1ttyk1tty Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Bread. I LOVE my recipe for homemade bread. I used to make two loaves every three-four days and my boyfriend and I would just destroy it with some butter or margin. I make it less now but I still find myself craving it constantly. But, I have noticed the past few times that I made it, it didn't taste as good. SO I do think it's more of your brain wanting something it knows it shouldn't have han your body actually needing it.
  • Jinnie69
    Jinnie69 Posts: 22
    Options
    Carbs in any form...my downfall.
  • BodybyNoir
    Options
    Thomas Thin bagels
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    ice cream! Esp Ben and Jerry's! was reminiscing about eating it yesterday but....okay, it has to stay out of my house, because I have noooooooo resistance.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    How do you combat the desire to partake of food addictions???

I don't really have food addictions, but I do have a hard time stopping when eating many types of chips, especially Natural Cheetos. Or Fritos or potato chips with onion dip.

I deal with it by rarely having these things available. I just don't have them in the house.
  • HelenCDavis
    HelenCDavis Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bread is my weakness. I like cornbread, loaf bread, homemade breads, grind my own wheat berries bread, English muffins, crusty breads, soft breads, polenta, I must add Honeybuns with white icing (I do not buy them and bring them home), and homemade chocolate chip cookies.

I taught my youngest daughter to make chocolate chip cookies. I do not enter the kitchen when she is baking them. I wait until she brings me my portion, and have her divide all the cookies into portions for the rest of the family. They take their portions to their private place wherever that might be...I don't want to know!