Eating paleo

Options
2»

Replies

• pechia22
    Options
    If you are interested in following the Paleo diet by "The Paleo Solutions" by Robb Wolf.....I feel great! I have plenty of energy and I'm eating between 1100-1600 calories a day. I haven't had any dairy and grains. It's actually been really easy. The hardest thing to not do is drink whiskey and beer(these are probably two of my favorite things!) In the last week in a half I have lost close to ten pounds. I have way more energy and tons of endurance for workouts. I'm sold on it. My good buddy who is a personal trainer and works out all the time is who turned me onto it and he's in great shape and swears by it.

I'm starting up Insanity on Monday so it'll be interesting on what I need to adjust my eating to.
  • orange_avocado
    Options
    I just started following the Paleo diet (though I have a loooong way to go before I'm at 100%). So far I've been really impressed with how I feel and the variety of food I've been eating. I'm trying to make the transition to more organic foods, but for now am cutting out grains and eating *lots* more vegetables.

I've been continuing to count calories (just to make sure I'm not accidentally going over) and have been in the 1100 - 1350 range on days when I don't cheat, and generally my carbs are <50. I lost 2lbs my first week after a month-long plateau so I consider it a success so far.

Actually, I could use some support from long-time Paleo eaters or anyone else just starting out, if anyone here wants to friend me.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Paleo for 2+ months. I LOVE it. It is so easy and I can eat so much more (and feel better for it). It has increased my strength and endurance in my Crossfit workouts. I have also reduced 3% bodyfat and now have 16.5% bodyfat (considered "athlete"). I cook almost everything at home, but I go out once a week or so and still follow it...it is really easy!
  • C_Bran
    C_Bran Posts: 254
    Options
    Just started this diet myself. Been on it for about 3 days and I am enjoying it thus far. Had to do a lot of cleaning out the cupboards and 'frig. I went with The Primal Blueprint - Mark Sisson for my version of the diet plan.

Going to give it 30 days and evaluate myself and my changes.

Any advice on this, feel free...........
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    100% is hard, but yielded some good results for me. I'm doing 80-20 right now, but not seeing great results and finding that my sugar cravings are pretty intense, and I'm not a sweet tooth to begin with!
    Just need to get over the birthday hump so I can focus more on my nutrition.

I bought a Paleo e-cookbook and 8 week meal plan - love the meal plan because it gives me a lot of ideas on what I can eat, and it refers to the recipe in the cookbook, so that's very handy.