How often do you go out to eat?

Options
i cant resist going to del taco. i go like twice a week.

Replies

• iLuvMyChemicalRomane
    Options
    i cant resist going to del taco. i go like twice a week.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I go about once every 2 weeks because I live in a small town where theres no fast food... I have to travel to do groceries and thats when I eat out haha
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    i have cut back drastically because i don't have the money, and i usually stick to something simple (subway) if i do go out, but when i lived at home with my parents i was going out like 5 times a week! yikes!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    We eat out at least once a week, but I avoid sabotaging my diet plans by checking out the menu and nutrition information online before I go. I always know exactly what I am going to order (in some instances I have posted the menu here and asked for input on what would be the best choice), how many calories it will be, and what I can eat for the rest of the day to make sure I dont go over on my calories. I think you can eat out as much as you want to as long as you make good choices :)
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Once a week, usually on saturday nights.
  • searls717
    Options
    We only go out to eat if we have exercised enough to allow for it. Normally it is only once a week though because I work long hours during the week.
  • soundwave14
    Options
    I go about twice on the weekend but i keep the beer to once a month, but I tend to go to the gym the next day and work out twice as long to burn it off.
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    Options
    We eat out alot. However, I also check the menue BEFORE we go, and I pre-plan what I am going to get. Some restaurants are difficult because they dont post their nutritional guide, but I will try to estimate t to a similar restaraunt or style of food, or I will choose somewhere else. I TOTALLY avoid chinese food though!! The sodium alone makes me fret!! And that sux cuz I LUV LUV LUV chinese food!! :sad:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    We used to go out like every other day. But since I became a vegetarian about 2 months ago, we hardly go out at all (my husband says he's a part-time vegetarian). Our version of going out is going to the food bar at the Whole Foods grocery store while going grocery shopping.
  • nana_trina
    Options
    We eat out twice a day,...almost every day. We are self employed and work together every day, we eat lunch at a little restaurant that "unfortunately" is right next door. Hardly ever cook a full meal at home, if we eat dinner at home it's usually a soup and sandwich kind of thing. We've been doing it so long I have certain things I order when we're out, things that I have already researched the nutritional info on . Occasionally I try something new,....but I'm almost always sorry I did.
  • izzyandobo
    Options
    About twice per month we get takeout to eat after the kids have gone to bed. We get to enjoy the food and don't have to find a babysitter. If we had grandparents living in our town we would probably go out every week.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I go about once a week, but we usually go somewhere where the food is atleast partially healthy, and even then, we usually limit ourselves to 1/2 portions, cuz restaurants over portion everything. Just remember to eat slowly, and if you are one of those people that has to eat everything on your plate, just ask for a takeout container when they bring your food, then you can take a part of dinner and immediately put it in the takeout container, thus eliminating it from you plate. Trust me, if you eat slowly and allow your stomach to let your brain know it's full, you won't eat as much.